Matt Muenster's 10 Water Watch-Out Areas
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, tells the 10 areas in the bathroom to watch out for water damage.
There are certain areas in the bathroom that commonly hold trapped water resulting in costly damage and mold growth. Keep an eye on these spots so you can nip any water-damage problems in the bud.
- Watch the grout seams in the shower.
- Regularly inspect the drain pipes inside your cabinetry.
- Check areas where you commonly towel off.
- Keep an eye on the grout lines all around the bathroom.
- Once in a while, examine the seal around the toilet.
- Check splash areas behind sinks.
- Take a look at the faucet and countertop seal.
- Inspect shut-off valves.
- Check the piping between the shower valve and the showerhead.
- Don't always assume the leak is where the water damage is.
Matt Muenster's Top 10 Tiling Tricks
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, shares his tricks for doing a top-notch tiling job.
10 Things You Must Know: Plumbing Leaks
You don't need to know everything about plumbing, but it's important to understand the basics, especially when it comes to leaks.
Making Your House Watertight
Here are all of the basics on commonly used drainage plane materials and their properties.
Learn how to spot a water problem in your basement, and get tips on how to resolve the issue before it causes serious damage to your home.
Bath Remodel Strategies: Medium-level Budgets
A mid-sized budget for a bath redo will probably come in around $25,000. How should you spend that money, and what will it get you?
Bathroom Upgrades for Suite Success
Creating a master suite that really stands out means adding something extra. Here are some ideas that could also bring you and your special someone a little closer together.
Budgeting a Bathroom Renovation
Projecting the cost of a remodel often depends on how many big-ticket items you're replacing and who's doing the work. Here are some guidelines.
What to Remove in a Bathroom Remodel
Are you redecorating or redesigning? Answering that question will help you determine what fixtures to keep for your bathroom makeover — and how big your budget might be.
Tips for Remodeling a Bathroom
Tips from Matt Muenster, host of DIY's BATHtastic!
Remodeling Tips for the Master Bath
When remodeling a master bathroom, consider incorporating luxury into the design to create a customized retreat.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art