Matt Muenster's 10 Water Watch-Out Areas
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, tells the 10 areas in the bathroom to watch out for water damage.
There are certain areas in the bathroom that commonly hold trapped water resulting in costly damage and mold growth. Keep an eye on these spots so you can nip any water-damage problems in the bud.
- Watch the grout seams in the shower.
- Regularly inspect the drain pipes inside your cabinetry.
- Check areas where you commonly towel off.
- Keep an eye on the grout lines all around the bathroom.
- Once in a while, examine the seal around the toilet.
- Check splash areas behind sinks.
- Take a look at the faucet and countertop seal.
- Inspect shut-off valves.
- Check the piping between the shower valve and the showerhead.
- Don't always assume the leak is where the water damage is.
Matt Muenster's Top 10 Tiling Tricks
Matt Muenster, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's Bath Crashers and Bathtastic!, shares his tricks for doing a top-notch tiling job.
Unclutter Your Home Office
Straighten up your work space with ease
Organizing Small Items in a Workshop
The most difficult items to keep organized are usually the ones that are smallest and most plentiful. Organize small items in a home workshop with these helpful tips and tools.
How to Cut and Grout Kitchen Tile for Electrical Receptors
Host Paul Wilson shows how to cut kitchen tile for electrical receptors and gives grouting tips.
More Plant Varieties
Learn about several plant varieties and the planting information for each zone.
Full-Tilt Half Baths
Put a new spin on freshening up with a guest bathroom redo. Five petite retreats with punch display dramatic color, texture, and tile for big impact in a small space.
Basic Flashlights and Work Lights
There are various types of flashlights and work lights available, and this guide makes it easy to choose the necessary lights for any workshop.
Frame by Frame: One-Story vs. Two-Story Framing
DIY Network offers information on the differences and similarities between framing a single-story home and a two-story home.
5 Ways to Simplify Your Kitchen
A trio of experts weighs in on the steps you need to take to create a structured, stress-free kitchen.
Gardening for Good Causes
Any gardening enthusiast can use his or her gardening skills to benefit others in their community. Here are some basic tips and guidelines.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring