By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Block of wood
Dog bed cushion
Pass down DIY skills that will last a lifetime.
1. Help child make workbench out of repurposed table.
2. Replace original legs with adjustable legs.
TIP: Match height to child’s wrists and raise bench as he/she grows.
3. Make learning to use tools safety a part of every project.
4. Insert wood screws into block of wood.
5. Practice painting on drywall scrap.
6. Teach child to plan ahead by measuring lumber to fit a template.
1. Help child build pet bed.
2. Make an open wood box.
3. Pre-drill and attach leg plates.
4. Attach ready-made legs.
6. Add thick, soft cushion.