By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Block of wood
Dog bed cushion
Pass down DIY skills that will last a lifetime.
1. Help child make workbench out of repurposed table.
2. Replace original legs with adjustable legs.
TIP: Match height to child’s wrists and raise bench as he/she grows.
3. Make learning to use tools safety a part of every project.
4. Insert wood screws into block of wood.
5. Practice painting on drywall scrap.
6. Teach child to plan ahead by measuring lumber to fit a template.
1. Help child build pet bed.
2. Make an open wood box.
3. Pre-drill and attach leg plates.
4. Attach ready-made legs.
6. Add thick, soft cushion.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.