By Emily AndersonMore in Painting
Painter’s tape designed for super sharp paint lines
Painter’s tape designed for baseboards
Putty knife or plastic card
Interior paint [at least two colors]
TIP: To liven up small space, paint bold, horizontal stripes on accent wall.
1. Using laser level and pencil, mark stripes, leaving areas of original wall color between.
TIP: Vary widths for interest; the wider the stripe, the larger the space will appear.
2. Apply painter’s tape designed for super sharp paint lines above and below pencil marks.
TIP: Burnish edges with putty knife or plastic card.
3. Paint smaller stripes with brush, larger stripes with roller.
TIP: If stripe is very wide, cut in edges with brush, then roll center.
4. When paint is dry, slowly pull off tape at 45-degree angle back onto itself.
5. To double the effect, hang mirrors on opposite wall.
TIP: Make sure hangers are rated for weight of mirrors and anchor them in wall studs.
TIP: For stability, attach D-rings to both sides of top back, screw eyes to bottom, and crisscross picture wire.
TIP: Frames do not have to match.