By Emily AndersonMore in Painting
Painter’s tape designed for super sharp paint lines
Painter’s tape designed for baseboards
Putty knife or plastic card
Interior paint [at least two colors]
TIP: To liven up small space, paint bold, horizontal stripes on accent wall.
1. Using laser level and pencil, mark stripes, leaving areas of original wall color between.
TIP: Vary widths for interest; the wider the stripe, the larger the space will appear.
2. Apply painter’s tape designed for super sharp paint lines above and below pencil marks.
TIP: Burnish edges with putty knife or plastic card.
3. Paint smaller stripes with brush, larger stripes with roller.
TIP: If stripe is very wide, cut in edges with brush, then roll center.
4. When paint is dry, slowly pull off tape at 45-degree angle back onto itself.
5. To double the effect, hang mirrors on opposite wall.
TIP: Make sure hangers are rated for weight of mirrors and anchor them in wall studs.
TIP: For stability, attach D-rings to both sides of top back, screw eyes to bottom, and crisscross picture wire.
TIP: Frames do not have to match.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
It's free and easy.