Tips to Keep Your Lawn Green
1. Keep mower blade sharp; sharp blade cuts grass cleanly, which helps prevent disease.
2. Use mulching setting to mulch grass; leave clipping on lawn to fertilize soil.
3. Water deeply once or twice a week.
4. To make lawn care easy think about lithium-ion batteries.
5. Build shelf for recharging.
6. Use French cleat to hang shelf on wall.
7. Store tools in garden shed.
Maintaining a healthy lawn can be easier than you think.
Daily watering makes roots shallow and encourages thatch.
Use a rain gauge to keep track of how much you have watered.
Water should soak in 6 inches; test ground with 6-inch screwdriver; if it pushes in easily, ground is wet enough.
Don’t mix fertilizers; chemical balance will be off.
Lithium-ion now has power and run time of gasoline.
Tack 1-inch strips around edges to keep things from falling off.
Energy-Star charger uses only 2 cents worth of electricity to fully charge a 40-volt battery.
Get two batteries so you can use one while the other is recharging.
No gasoline means no maintenance, draining, or winterizing.
Hang trimmers vertically from double-pronged brackets or hooks; store chainsaw in cabinet.