Painted Patio Furniture
Rejuvenate boring everybody-has-'em resin patio chairs with a few coats of paint and a little artistic imagination.
Materials and Tools:
resin patio chair
Krylon Fusion paint (specially designed for hard plastics)
Ammonia-based cleaning product
paint thinner (if chair is brand new)
optional: plastic paints, paintbrushes, low-tack painter's tape
1. Using an ammonia-based cleaner, wipe down the chair to remove any dust or dirt. If the chair is brand new, wipe it down with paint thinner: this will prepare the surface so the paint will stick.
2. Shake the fusion paint for two minutes. Working in a well-ventilated area (preferably outdoors), hold the can 8"-10" from the chair and spray in a sweeping motion from side to side. Apply a thin coat and allow to dry for 30 seconds. Apply multiple coats, allowing to dry between applications, until the chair is completely coated. The paint will dry in 15 minutes or less and can be handled in an hour.
3. Fusion paint must cure for a full seven days to become fully dry and chip and scratch resistant. After seven days have passed, apply the plastic paints in the desired pattern.
4. Use painter's tape to mark off stripes and geometric shapes, and use different size brushes and different colors of paint to create fun designs.
Tips on Painting Furniture
Learn these tips on painting furniture to ensure that your next furniture painting project is a success.
Cleaning Patio Furniture
When it's nice out, get patio and backyard furniture ready for company with these tips.
Cleaning Outdoor Furniture
Learn about the best ways to clean outdoor cushions, canvas seats and chair backs, and white and colored plastic.
All About Green Paints and Finishes
Green paint, or eco-friendly paint, is becoming a popular option for home decorating because it doesn't contain harmful VOCs. Check out the different types of natural paint to help you choose the best one.
Household Uses for Paint-Sprayers
Paint sprayers may be used for a variety of household jobs, from painting your walls to applying stains and wood sealers.
Rubber Stamping Concrete Patios
Transform your concrete patio from dull to delightful by rubber stamping it.
All About the Types of Paint and Finish
Learn what types of paints and finishes can be used on a variety of different surfaces.
How to Distress Unfinished Furniture
Try some of these tips to give unfinished furniture a distressed look.
Glaze Gives Furniture a Rich Look
Glaze is essential in creating rich, dimensional paint treatments such as in many faux and decorative paint techniques.
Transforming Patios With Paint and Colorful Accents
If your outdoor space needs a breath of fresh air, here are a few colorful ways to give it new life.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Foolproof Color for the Summer Garden
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes