Tips to Update Your Curb Appeal
1. Remove front door knobs, locks, and kick plates.
2. Clean with detergent and water and thoroughly dry.
3. Tape off parts not to be painted, like lock mechanisms.
4. Spray paint them to look like brushed nickel or oil-rubbed bronze.
5. Tape off hinges with plastic and painter’s tape and apply spray paint.
6. Spray paint exterior light fixtures.
7. Hang wall-mounted, metal mailbox.
8. Spray paint new brass house numbers from hardware store.
Dress up the front of your home with simple paint projects.
Stick screws into cardboard to they won’t get lost.
If finish is glossy, lightly sand with very fine grit sandpaper.
Suspend kick plates with wire through screw holes.
Don’t remove hinges; no need to have to re-hang door.
Disassemble them before painting.