Tips on Operating a Bobcat
Bobcats are handy for many jobs and fairly easy to use. Host David Thiel offers a few tips on operating one.
- The Bobcat is useful for moving large loads and for big demolition jobs. When using one, always wear a safety bar.
- The ignition turns on with a key, similar to an automobile. Also like a car, the Bobcat has readouts for checking the fuel status and gives off warnings if the vehicle is overheating. It also has safety gauges that must be engaged before operating.
- Two handles control the motion of the machine. Push both forward controls to move forward. Pull them back to go in reverse. To turn left, pull the left lever back, then the right forward. Do the opposite to go right.
- There are two pedals inside the tool to move the bucket. Depress the left pedal to move the arms up and down. Push the right pedal forward to tip the bucket forward. Press the back of the right pedal to tip the bucket back.
- When moving objects in the bucket, keep them as close to the ground as possible. Items do sometimes tip out of the bucket if not balanced properly.
- The Bobcat comes with a tooth scoop for demolition, and a smooth scoop for moving loads of gravel or mulch. Attach forks to the Bobcat for lifting heavy objects.
Find the essential tools needed for installing drywall.
A refinishing expert provides the lowdown on the basic products you'll need for your next refinishing project.
Learn the best tools to use, the different types of wallpaper, how to cut wallpaper and where in the room to start papering.
Check out the variety of tools that can be used to cut through wire and metal materials.
Get tips on keeping your garden tools rust-free, sharpened and mechanically sound.
Learn the correct way to use a ladder and how to use two ladders as a platform. Also, find out the different types of access equipment that can be rented.
Follow this advice on how to properly stain wood furniture.
Find tips, techniques and recipes for keeping leather in top shape.
Ed the Plumber offers tips on the tools needed to make a plumber's emergency kit and what to do during plumbing emergencies.
Learn these tips on painting furniture to ensure that your next furniture painting project is a success.