Tips on Operating a Bobcat
Bobcats are handy for many jobs and fairly easy to use. Host David Thiel offers a few tips on operating one.
- The Bobcat is useful for moving large loads and for big demolition jobs. When using one, always wear a safety bar.
- The ignition turns on with a key, similar to an automobile. Also like a car, the Bobcat has readouts for checking the fuel status and gives off warnings if the vehicle is overheating. It also has safety gauges that must be engaged before operating.
- Two handles control the motion of the machine. Push both forward controls to move forward. Pull them back to go in reverse. To turn left, pull the left lever back, then the right forward. Do the opposite to go right.
- There are two pedals inside the tool to move the bucket. Depress the left pedal to move the arms up and down. Push the right pedal forward to tip the bucket forward. Press the back of the right pedal to tip the bucket back.
- When moving objects in the bucket, keep them as close to the ground as possible. Items do sometimes tip out of the bucket if not balanced properly.
- The Bobcat comes with a tooth scoop for demolition, and a smooth scoop for moving loads of gravel or mulch. Attach forks to the Bobcat for lifting heavy objects.
Recommendations for safely operating a jackhammer.
Using a Demolition Breaker
DIY experts offer information on demolition breakers and their accessories.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider a Reel Mower
This old-fashioned push mower is back in style.
Remove fenceposts and stakes easily with the help of this tool.
Tips on Choosing Wrenches
Wrenches are basic tools for every workshop, and different kinds are designed for specific jobs. Here are some tips for choosing the right wrench.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
Installing Drywall on Ceilings, Arches and Around Curves
Learn how to install drywall in the trickiest, most difficult spaces.
Learn about the different types of levels and how to use them.
The Basics on Hand-Held Saws
Before power saws were invented, intricate cuts had to be made by hand. With enough patience, you can master the task. Check out these hand-held saws capable of a variety of cuts.
Tips on Using Cutting Guides
Cutting a long piece of wood can be difficult unless you have a great tool to assist you. Check out these guides that can make getting the perfect cut easy.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Foolproof Color for the Summer Garden
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes