Choosing the Right Organic Plants
Choosing the right plants for the area will make an organic garden much more productive.
When choosing plants for your organic garden, there are a few things to consider. Your local garden center can help you answer all of these questions:
- What plants are designed to grow in your area? Those will have the best chance of producing high-quality, good-tasting vegetables.
- What diseases are common to your area, and are there varieties that are resistant to those diseases?
- How much care are the plants going to need? Are you choosing plants that have more requirements than you have time for?
Organic Plant Health Care
Learn how to add some compost and compost tea to organic plants instead of fertilizer.
Learn about some of the unusual but effective practices of organic gardening.
Organic Garden Additives
Instead of using store-bought chemicals, organic gardeners take a simpler approach to fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides. Effective versions of each can be mixed up using ingredients already close at hand and a basic kitchen blender.
More Plant Varieties
Learn about several plant varieties and the planting information for each zone.
10 Landscaping Plants
Learn about the characteristics of popular plants for landscaping projects, along with tips for their care.
Choosing a Site for Your Vegetable Garden
Growing vegetables in ideal conditions is not always possible, particularly if you have limited space, but it pays to find a sunny spot that is sheltered from the wind and easily accessible for watering and weeding.
Organic Ways to Manage Weeds
With a little patience and dedication, satisfactory results are achievable when attempting to remove weeds organically.
An Eco-Friendly Way to Win the War against Weeds
Keeping weeds from crowding your squash crop doesn't have to mean lots of harsh chemicals. Here are some natural, easy solutions from DIY.
Learn about 11 plant varieties and the planting information for each.
How to Choose and Maintain Climbing Plants
Arches and pergolas shine when adorned by the right climbing plants. Learn how to choose and maintain your blooms with this gardening guide.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- 6 Ways to Make a Pumpkin Topiary
- 11 Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- How to Make an Illuminated Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make a Natural Pumpkin Topiary
- How to Make Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries
- Make Your Own Preserved Leaf Art