By Emily AndersonMore in Outdoors
Soft scrub brush
TIP: Prep your outdoor living space for summer with these simple steps.
1. Scrub umbrellas with mold soap and cool water.
TIP: Hot water and detergent could strip protective coating.
2. To clean plastic or coated lampshades, use hand mixer to whip detergent into suds and scrub.
3. Hose down outdoor rug and scrub with dish soap.
TIP: Dry rug in sun, flipping to dry back, also.
4. Replace other cushions and pillows.
TIP: They don’t have to be outdoor-rated if you protect them against water damage with water-repellent coating.
5. Test first in inconspicuous spot.
6. Spray evenly across fabric.
TIP: Wet fabric but do not let repellent pool; let dry for 24 hours before exposing to water
7. For extra pillows, turn wooden crate into double-duty storage bench.
8. Cut plywood lid to fit and add cushion.