By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Programmable temperature controller
Wireless remote controller
Split-zone HVAC system
Ductless interior and exterior HVAC units
TIP: Maintain maximum comfort in your home by heating and cooling only the areas you live in.
1. Weather strip and caulk doors and windows.
TIP: Use clear silicone caulk so you won’t have to paint it.
2. Install interior shutters to block heat and cold coming through windows.
3. Install programmable temperature controllers or smart phone apps to adjust comfort levels before you arrive home.
4. To control comfort in each area consider a multi-zone, ductless HVAC system.
TIP: Set the temperature in each zone; Individual units there provide heating or cooling as needed.
TIP: Ductless units are quickly installed by professionals; several can be powered by one outside unit.
TIP: Inspect and clean filters regularly.
5. To maintain efficiency, have systems professionally inspected in spring and fall.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.