Peanut-Free Pad Thai Recipe
Enjoy the taste of Pad Thai even if you have a peanut sensitivity.
1/3 cup chopped white onion
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 package flat rice noodles
1 package firm tofu cubed
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup hot or chili sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons sunflower seed spread
chopped green onions
1. Saute onion and garlic together in a saucepan with olive oil until onion is translucent. Add tofu and brown on both sides. Set aside.
2. Boil noodles in a pot filled with water until soft.
3. Stir sauce ingredients together, and set aside.
4. Add noodles and vegetables to same saucepan with onions and garlic.
5. Crack egg in pan, and toss until egg cooks. Add sauce to coat, and serve with lime wedges, fresh herbs, chopped green onions and more fish sauce.