Paper Petal Cones for the Reception Table
Learn a technique for creating elegant paper petal cones to hold candy, rice, seeds or party favors for wedding guests, from DIY Network.
Materials and Tools:
Self-healing cutting mat
1/4" wide satin ribbon
1/8" diameter single hole punch
Anna Griffin decorative paper (12" x 12")
Double-sided adhesive tape
Clear rubber stamp
Gold stamping ink
Petal fillings – rose petals, lavender, candy-covered almonds
1. Print petal cone template onto blank side of decorate 12" x 12" paper; alternately, 8-1/2" x 11" paper can be used.
2. Cut along solid lines of template using a craft knife or scissors. Next, use stylus to score the dotted lines. Use a ruler as a guide.
3. Use 1/8" single hole punch to punch two holes as indicated on pattern. Thread ribbon through holes and knot both ends on the plain side of paper.
4. Apply double-sided adhesive tape on dotted lines, then fold the 90-degree corner of the paper towards the dotted line. Do not crease folded edge of paper.
5. Roll the paper twice until the roll meets the vertical dotted line.
6. Fold remaining flap of paper around the cone and press lightly to seal the adhesive.
7. Print the gold circle template onto sticker paper. Ink personalized monogrammed rubber stamp with gold stamping ink and press into the center of the circles.
8. Peel stamped sticker from paper and adhere to the cone. Fill cone with your choice of rose petals, lavender or candy-covered almonds. Fold the top flaps over to seal.
9. Hang the cones on the back of each guest's chair.