With the help of friends and family, the bride creates luminaries that will illuminate the paths at the outdoor wedding reception.
Materials and Tools
Small white paper bags
Decorative-edged craft scissors
Small hole punch (1/8" diameter)
Large hole punch (1/4" diameter)
Large monogram rubber stamp
Dark brown ink pad
Salad plate (8" diameter)
1. Place a salad plate on top of a paper bag, approximately 4" from the top, and trace a line along the edge of the plate.
2. Using decorative-edged scissors, cut along the pencil line to create a scalloped arch along the top.
3. Use large and small hole punches to randomly punch holes along the scalloped border and create the appearance of lace.
4. Insert a flat piece of cardboard into the bag to prevent ink from "bleeding" through, then press the rubber stamp into the ink pad and stamp the monogram onto the bag. Allow the ink to dry and remove the cardboard from the bag.
5. Open the bag so that it sits upright and pour just enough sand into the bottom so that the bag is weighted down. Place a votive candle in the sand and line pathway with the bags.