Flowerpot Dirt Dessert
DIY crafters get down and dirty with a delicious dessert bursting with pudding and cookies.
Here’s a recipe that’s truly groundbreaking.
1/2 stick butter
1-1/2 pound package chocolate sandwich cookies
(1) 8 oz. package cream cheese
8 oz. whipped topping
1/2 cup powdered sugar
(1-1/2) small packages instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
(1) new (8"- 9") clay flowerpot (not ceramic or glazed)
1. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, whipped topping, butter, powdered sugar, pudding and milk with a hand mixer.
2. Crumble cookies, by hand or in a food processor, or roll fine with a rolling pin, until they are the consistency of dirt.
3. Place a saucer in the bottom of the pot to cover the drainage hole. Spoon layers of cookie crumbs and cream filling in flowerpot, ending with a layer of cookie crumbs. Chill.
4. Wrap the bottom portion of the artificial flower stems with aluminum foil. To serve, stick the "flowers" in the pot. Serve with a garden trowel (be sure it's a brand-new one).