Make Thank-You Cards for Wedding Guests
Create personalized thank-you cards for your wedding guests. It's a personal touch your friends and family won't forget.
Materials and Tools:
clear flat bags (to fit card)
4"x6" folded card
3"x5" flat card
8" piece of ribbon
pewter charm (significant to the bride and groom)
hole punch (small diameter)
1. Print the bride's and groom's initial on the lower portion of a 3"x5" card.
2. Print or hand-write a thank-you message inside a 4"x6" folded card. It would also be appropriate to include a note about the significance of the charm: for an Irish wedding, for example, one might choose a 4-leaf clover, or for a wedding at a winery, a charm with a small cluster of grapes could hold great appeal.
3. Center the flat card over the front flap of the folded card. Punch 2 holes approximately 1/4" apart and 1/2" down from the top, through both the flat card and the front flap of the folded card. You can either use traditional round hole punches or punch once with a "ribbon lace" punch that provides 2 slits in the card.
4. Thread ribbon through the holes, lacing the smaller card to the larger card, and tie on a charm. Trim the ends of the ribbon.
5. Slide the card into a clear flap envelope and seal the back.
How to Make a Holiday Greeting Card Display
Turn a plain bulletin board into a message center for greeting cards and holiday photos. This project took just a couple hours to make and cost less than $15.
Bridal Favors: "Fore Ever" Golf Balls
Learn how to make "Fore Ever" golf ball party favors, a gift that the sports fans at your wedding will enjoy.
Bridal Veil and Headpiece
Making a bridal veil not only saves money but also allows you to customize the design.
How to Create the Perfect Wedding Music Playlist
From the first dance to the cutting of the cake, find tips and suggestions for what songs to play on your wedding day.
Dos and Don'ts for Saving Money on a DIY Wedding
Find smart DIY choices that will help save money on your wedding.
DIY Wedding Planning: Tips From a Pro Planner
A veteran wedding planner shares her pointers for making your special day a success.
Creative Wedding Decorations
Make a beautiful pew marker from silk roses, ivy, silk ribbon and pearls. The embellishments are up to you.
Wedding Photos: Should You Hire a Pro or DIY?
Thinking about going the DIY route for wedding photography? These tips can increase the odds of success.
Wooden Chargers for a Rustic Wedding Reception
Wooden chargers are the perfect rustic complements to a wedding reception buffet table.
Elegantly Decorated Wedding Cake Table
Display the wedding cake on a beautifully decorated table using dried and silk flowers, tulle and bows.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- How to Compost Leaves
- Seasonal Gardening Planner
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips