Wire-Wrapped Ring Form
Here's one technique for creating a wire-wrapped ring.
Materials and Tools:
3 ft. 22-gauge 14K/20 gold-filled 1/2-hard square wire
2 ft. 21-gauge 14K/20 gold-filled 1/2-round 1/2-hard wire
1 ring cab (1/2" wide x 1" long)
ruler with millimeters
permanent marking pen
flat nose pliers
1. Cut ten 3-1/2" lengths of 22-gauge wire. Place side-by-side (flat).
2. Secure each end of bundle with temporary wrap and mark center.
3. Measure width of stone and add 1/2". Center that measurement in the center mark of the wire bundle.
4. Place five wraps on each of the last two marks, wrapping outward toward temporary wraps.
5. Using ring mandrel, bend bands into a U-shape, with the center mark as the bottom of the U. Bend U enough to make temporary seat for stone on top of each of five wraps.
6. Remove temporary wraps, then use knife to raise outside wires at bottom of U shape to make permanent seat for stone.
7. Measure and raise next wires to secure top of stone. Secure wires on both sides of stone with wires from top of U. Use pin vise to twist wires before bending.
8. Repeat steps until the ring is finished.
Learn how to take apart outdated earrings – even clip-ons from the thrift store – and transform them into fun finger rings.
Let your inner Bohemian loose with beaded cluster rings that show off personal artistic style and flavor.
Create a Teen Sensation With Rock-Star Necklaces
See how easy it is to make homemade resin jewelry.
Jewelry doesn't always have to come from a jewelry store. A lot of things such as necklaces and bracelets can be made from kits or from things you find at home.
Create a chain or knotted necklace from rope, then color and stiffen it to make a fun piece of jewelry. Use the same techniques to make matching bracelets and other pieces for a growing wardrobe of necklaces and bangles.
Turn Washers into Jewelry
Crafty DIYers can make funky jewelry out of ordinary metal washers.
Basic sewing knowledge and castoff buttons are all you need to create a one-of-a-kind bracelet.
Dangling Beaded Bracelets
Learn how to create dangling beaded bracelets made from Tigertail glass beads and wire.
How to Create a Jewelry Rack
How to create a funky jewelry rack from an old record player and magazine rack.
Paper Couture Butterfly Necklaces
Jewelry can be made from just about anything, including plain old paper. With an inexpensive kit and a little imagination, these butterfly necklaces will really take flight.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- How to Compost Leaves
- Seasonal Gardening Planner
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips