Mirror Door Headboard
Make a mirrored headboard by replacing the glass in a discarded door with mirror.
Materials and Tools:
Cutting Down the Door:
1. Cut the door down to the desired size using a circular saw. The mirrored section measures 5' x 8" with an additional five inches on one side and 11 inches on the other.
2. The door will extend two inches beyond the mirror on either side.
Tip: In order to make sure that the mirror does not extend to the cut area, drill a hole one inch from the edge, and then two inches and so on.
3. Clean up the door, and then sand out any scratches and rough edges.
4. Cut one 2 x 4 to 54 inches, then rip to the width of the door—1 3/4 inches.
5. Cut two 2 x 4 to 25 inches.
6. Build the shelf base. Attach the 25 inch 2 x 4's to the 54 inch pieces at each side and middle.
7. Stain all of the pieces.
8. Screw the shelf base to the door.
1. Find and mark the studs in the wall.
2. Determine the placement of the bed.
3. Toenail the door into the studs in the wall.
4. Touch up as needed.
- How to Make a Simple Cottage-Style Headboard
- Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas
- Make a Quilted Headboard With Tin Tiles
- How to Make a Two-Dimensional Upholstered Headboard
- Headboard Challenge
- How To Make a Faux-Leather Headboard