How to Make Pear, Chevre and Honey Flatbread
Follow this easy family-style recipe to make an exotic flatbread topped with fruit, goat cheese and fresh herbs.
By: Camille Styles
Yield: 8 servings
1 ball pizza dough at room temp (store-bought or homemade)
olive oil, for brushing
4 ounces herbed goat cheese
2 teaspoons honey, divided
1 firm pear, cored and thinly sliced
6 dried apricots
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Allow the pizza stone to heat thoroughly.
- Cover apricots with boiling water, and allow to sit for 10 minutes to plump and reconstitute.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 6" x 12" rectangle. Brush with olive oil and carefully transfer to hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes until crust starts to puff up.
- Meanwhile, whisk goat cheese and 1 teaspoon of honey in a small bowl until fluffy. Remove crust from oven, and dollop cheese all over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
- Arrange sliced pears over cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then bake in oven for 10 more minutes, until crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with apricots, mint and toasted walnuts, if desired. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into squares.
How to Make Moroccan Pearl Couscous With Currants and Pistachios
Follow this easy family-style recipe to make the perfect side dish for a Moroccan-inspired feast.
How to Make a Cheese Tray Appetizer
Follow this easy recipe to put together a platter with a variety of cheeses, nuts and fruit.
How to Make Family-Style Strawberry Shortcakes
Follow this easy recipe to make a layered fruit, biscuit and whipped cream dessert that is sure to please a hungry crowd.
How to Make Pinwheel Cake Toppers
Learn how to create pinwheels using scrapbook paper. Use the pinwheels to decorate cupcakes, hang on walls or make mobiles for kid's rooms.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cake Toppers
Learn how to make snow-covered Christmas tree cake toppers using ice cream cones and candy. Use these on a wedding cake, holiday cake or cupcake.
How to Make a Paper Magnolia Garland Centerpiece
Learn how to make a strand of magnolia blossoms using crepe paper and live branches.
How to Paint Numbers Onto Glass Bottles
We spray-painted numbers onto clear glass bottles to serve as table-number identifiers at a wedding reception. You can make these for any occasion or just to decorate your kitchen.
How to Create the Perfect Wedding Music Playlist
From the first dance to the cutting of the cake, find tips and suggestions for what songs to play on your wedding day.
Dos and Don'ts for Saving Money on a DIY Wedding
Find smart DIY choices that will help save money on your wedding.
Wedding Photos: Should You Hire a Pro or DIY?
Thinking about going the DIY route for wedding photography? These tips can increase the odds of success.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials