How to Make Marvelous Mutt Loaf for Your Dog
Your pup won’t have to paws for thought over this meal! The carrots in this recipe are a great source of vitamin C, benefiting your dog’s vision, heart, skin and lungs!
By: Canine Cookie Company
Makes 8-10 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 – 1-1/2 hours
5 ounces carrots, finely sliced
4 ounces fresh or frozen peas
1 pound minced beef
3 ounces fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, made with wheat and gluten-free bread
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 ounce parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces low-fat Parmesan cheese, shaved
3 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
1. Steam the carrots and peas until just tender and set aside to cool. Mix the minced beef with the breadcrumbs, tomato puree, parsley and beaten eggs until well combined. Stir in the carrots and peas.
2. Roll the mixture into a ball and divide in half. Place half of the mixture in the base of a greased 2 pound loaf tin, pressing firmly down into the corners. Make a slight dip along the center.
3. Sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan. Then place the boiled eggs in a row down the center of the tin. Place the remaining mixture on top, and press firmly around the sides and on top to completely cover the eggs.
4. Cover with foil and bake on the middle shelf of an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Turn out onto a plate, and leave to cool. Cut into slices, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve. Store any leftover Mutt Loaf in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How to Make Peanut Butter Bones for Your Dog
Fill your kitchen with the scent of fresh-baked cookies, and make your pup drool at the same time with these yummy peanut butter treats.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon PupCakes for Dogs
These beautifully-decorated Pupcakes are just the sweet treat man's best friend desires.
Peanut Butter Dream Puffs Treats for Dogs
Learn to make these yummy-looking Dream Puffs, and your dog will be forever grateful.
How to Make Tuna Cookies for Your Cat
Treat your feline friend to a delicious cookie treat, made by its favorite human.
How to Make All-Natural Pet Treats
Baking homemade snacks for your dog or cat is a fun way to show you care. Follow these simple recipes for dog biscuits and cat treats so you'll know exactly what your pet is eating.
12 Tips for Pet-Friendly Decorating
Don't let your house go to the dogs and the cats. Follow these tips and you can keep your floors, walls and furniture looking great.
How To Make Lobster Tacos with Spicy Orange Salsa
Impress your guests by serving zesty lobster-meat tacos for appetizers, a picnic or on a buffet table.
Landscaping for Dog Owners
Dogs hard at play can take quite a toll on backyard landscaping. Our experts share tips on plants and grass that will stand up to the family pet.
How to Make a Cheese Tray Appetizer
Follow this easy recipe to put together a platter with a variety of cheeses, nuts and fruit.
How to Make Pear, Chevre and Honey Flatbread
Follow this easy family-style recipe to make an exotic flatbread topped with fruit, goat cheese and fresh herbs.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- How to Compost Leaves
- Seasonal Gardening Planner
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips