How to Make a Driftwood Serving Tray
This easy project is perfect for serving munchies and fresh fruits, or it can also be used to display your favorite trinkets. With this platter, your guests will be admiring your DIY handiwork as much as your food.
Materials and Tools
- Phillips head screwdriver
- vintage glass lampshades with holes in center
- recycled cabinet knobs that can be screwed down
- piece of salvaged wood or driftwood
- 4 wheels with brackets from hardware store
- wood sealer
Clean the Materials
Clean the lampshades with hot soapy water. Clean and seal the piece of wood. We used a piece of driftwood found floating in a lake.
Add wheels to the bottom of the wood using a screwdriver or drill gun. Make sure the wheels are even and level.
Lay Out the Glass
Determine the placement of the serving bowls/glass shades on top of the wood.
Fasten Bowls to the Wood
Place knobs inside the holes in the glass shades and screw the shades into place.