How to Create a Jewelry Rack
How to create a funky jewelry rack from an old record player and magazine rack.
Materials and Tools:
wire magazine rack
Note: For this project, we customized a wire magazine rack.
- Cut the rack down using bolt cutters.
- Reconfigure all of the pieces, and then affix them with solder.
- Paint the new rack.
- Disconnect all of the necessary mechanical pieces on the record player.
- Re-wire the record player if needed.
- Mount the rack to the turntable with machine screws.
- Drill holes in the base of the rack.
- Drill matching holes in the top of the turntable.
- Tap threads into the turntable to accept the machine screws.
- Attach the rack to the turntable.