How to Carve and Decorate Faux Pumpkins
Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
Materials and Tools:
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.