Fast and Fabulous Holiday Looks
Follow these tips to create easy and elegant holiday looks for the home.
- Embellish front doors and interior doors with fun, easy accents like stuffed gingerbread men or wire stars. You can find a variety of festive accents like these in holiday shops or you can make them yourself.
- Hang ornaments in windows or doorways, or create groupings of themed ornaments and hang from a chandelier to create a magical accent over a table (this works particularly well in a large dining room).
- Create a quick, lovely mantel decoration with magnolia leaves and ornaments. Other great options for mantels: small vases filled with colorful glass beads and/or cranberries accented with sprigs of greenery.
- Add a dramatic look to columns by wrapping them with garlands top-to-bottom.
- For a stunning yet simple centerpiece, spray-paint twigs white or ivory, place in a vase with clear marbles, then drape with lengths of white or ivory pearls.
- To create an elegant look for Haunkkah, choose stems with berries in silvery blue, or embellish vases with blue fabric and create groupings of votive candles in matching shades.