Copper Garden Border
Materials and Tools:
3/8" copper tubing
18-gauge copper wire
spray polyurethane (optional)
1. Use the pipe cutter to cut your copper tubing into 36" sections.
2. At the edge of your garden bed, push one end of a tubing section about 3" into the ground. Do the same with the other end of the tubing, creating an arch shape.
3. Repeat for your other sections of tubing, making sure your arches overlap by about 3".
4. Secure your tube sections together with 18-gauge copper wire. Weave the wire in and around the piece.
5. Continue around the garden bed. Feel free to shape the tubing in fun and unique ways in addition to your arches.
Your copper border won't stay shiny and pristine exposed to the elements. If you want to keep it looking new longer, you can spray it with a couple of coats of polyurethane. Or you may agree with Michele Beschen and think the copper's weathered patina is part of what makes this border beautiful. Shiny or weathered, copper tubing is a classy addition to any garden.