Update Light Fixtures
1. Turn off power at breaker and mark with DO NOT TURN BACK ON sign.
2. Remove old fixture.
3. Install new, heavy-duty junction box.
4. Attach new hardware to mounting strap.
5. Screw mounting strap to new junction box.
6. Wire new fixture like old fixture was wired.
7. Secure canopy to ceiling.
8. Replace shades and light bulbs.
9. Restore power.
Focus design with large, brightly lit chandelier in center of room.
Use circuit tester to make sure power is off to old fixture.
ID wires with masking tape as you disconnect them.
Remove chandelier shades and light bulbs during installation.
Connect matching wire colors: white to white, black to black.
Remove ½-inch of insulation from new wires before attaching them.