Crunch up some peppermint candy to create a sweet treat reminiscent of holidays past.
Materials and Tools:
12 oz. quality white chocolate, finely chopped
30 red-and-white-striped hard peppermint candies, coarsely crushed (about 6 ounces)
12 oz. bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 Teaspoon peppermint extract
Packaging: glass jar, ribbon, tag, ornament, etc.
Note: This recipe makes around 1-1/2 pounds.
1. Line the cookie sheet with a 12" length of foil.
2. Combine bittersweet/semisweet chocolate, whipping cream and peppermint extract in a bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) until chocolate is melted and smooth. The chocolate will feel warm to touch. Remove from over water. Pour the chocolate onto the foil. Using the rubber spatula spread an even layer of chocolate over the foil.
3. Sprinkle half of the crushed peppermints over the chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove the chocolate and peppermint from the refrigerator. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) until chocolate is melted and smooth. (The chocolate will feel warm to touch.) Remove from over water. Pour all of the white chocolate over the chilled chocolate and peppermints. Using the rubber spatula spread the white chocolate in even layer. Top with the remaining crushed peppermints. Refrigerate until very cold and firm, about 25 minutes.
5. Once the bark is hardened, use your hands to break it into chunks. Allow bark to stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. (Note: This recipe can be made 2 weeks ahead and chilled in an airtight container.)
For gift giving, package the peppermint bark in clean glass jars. Glue stick wrapping paper scraps to the metal lid. Attach a bow, ornament and a tag.
Glittered Snowballs, Snowmen and Ornaments
Frosty -- yet charming -- snowballs, snowmen and ornaments that will melt your heart.
How to create a beaded Christmas tree, a simple decorative stand and beaded ornaments to hang on the tree.
Our Favorite Christmas Light Displays From Rate My Space
Let these Christmas displays from fellow Rate My Space users get you in the spirit this season!
Our Favorite Holiday Ideas From Rate My Space
You know how to celebrate the season in style! Check out these beautiful holiday ideas from fellow Rate My Space members.
Fast and Fabulous Holiday Looks
Follow these tips to create easy and elegant holiday looks for the home.
How To Make Lobster Tacos with Spicy Orange Salsa
Impress your guests by serving zesty lobster-meat tacos for appetizers, a picnic or on a buffet table.
Fresh Raspberry Muffin Recipe
Perfect for Valentine's Day (or any day!), these delicious raspberry muffins are sure to delight your sweetie.
Fluffy Homemade Waffles Recipe
A delicious Valentine's Day treat or a special surprise for any day of the year, the taste of fluffy, homemade waffles simply can't be beat.
How to Make Family-Style Strawberry Shortcakes
Follow this easy recipe to make a layered fruit, biscuit and whipped cream dessert that is sure to please a hungry crowd.
Flowerpot Dirt Dessert
DIY crafters get down and dirty with a delicious dessert bursting with pudding and cookies.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials