Attic Insulation Tips
These tips on maintaining attic insulation will help prepare your home for the cold winter months.
- Check the attic to make sure the insulation is installed properly. In attics, vapor barrier on insulation should face down toward the living space. If it is installed incorrectly (with the vapor barrier facing up) then the insulation will trap moisture causing possible water problems. Cut slits in the vapor barrier to allow moisture to escape.
- There are three types of insulation material – fiberglass, rock wool and cellulose.
- To upgrade attic insulation unroll the insulation with the paper side out. Install small pieces of insulation between the joists on the attic floor. Be careful not to step between the joists.
- Be sure to install insulation on the attic walls and ceiling.
Tips on Increasing Attic-Insulation Efficiency
Houses can lose a lot of heat through the attic space. Find out how much insulation should be in an attic and get some tips about this easy upgrade.
Spray Foam Insulation
DIY Network shares information about this high-tech foam insulation for your home.
Insulation Tips and Tricks
Money-saving hints for improving insulation in your home.
What You Should Know About Installing Insulation
Save on utility bills by learning the basics of insulation installation.
All About Insulation and Ventilation
Improving your home's insulation will save money and increase your comfort. Find out the best materials to use in your attic and walls.
Learn about the different types of insulation typically used in residential construction.
Learn how insulation works and why it's so important for your home with our expert overview.
Tips for Installing Insulation and Drywall
The experts from DIY Network's Be Your Own Contractor discuss the various aspects of putting up interior walls.
Learn the Basics About Home Insulation
Insulation is critical to managing your utility bills and keeping you and your family comfortable.
Granite Kitchen Countertop Tips
Granite countertops are a good way to modernize a kitchen. DIY experts give tips on granite countertops.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables