Attic Insulation Tips
These tips on maintaining attic insulation will help prepare your home for the cold winter months.
- Check the attic to make sure the insulation is installed properly. In attics, vapor barrier on insulation should face down toward the living space. If it is installed incorrectly (with the vapor barrier facing up) then the insulation will trap moisture causing possible water problems. Cut slits in the vapor barrier to allow moisture to escape.
- There are three types of insulation material – fiberglass, rock wool and cellulose.
- To upgrade attic insulation unroll the insulation with the paper side out. Install small pieces of insulation between the joists on the attic floor. Be careful not to step between the joists.
- Be sure to install insulation on the attic walls and ceiling.
A Roof Over Your Head: Choosing Materials
Check out this information regarding the various types of materials that can be used to cover a roof, as well as which ones might be best for you.
Solid Surface Countertops
Solid surface countertops offer a seamless look with low-maintenance style.
Choosing Countertops: Manufactured Quartz
Low-maintenance and lovely, quartz countertops suit a variety of design styles.
Wood countertops are hard-working and beautiful, and they suit every style of kitchen.
Choosing Countertops: Concrete
Concrete's organic look suits both modern and rustic kitchens.
How to Paint Laminate Kitchen Countertops
Do you want to remodel your kitchen, but can't afford natural stone countertops? Consider using paint to get the high-end look of granite.
Quartz: The New Countertop Contender
With low maintenance, high durability and endless color choices, engineered quartz offers a tempting alternative to natural stone countertops.
Granite Kitchen Countertop Tips
Granite countertops are a good way to modernize a kitchen. DIY experts give tips on granite countertops.
Express Yourself with Concrete Countertops
For the homeowner in quest of an artistic, one-of-a-kind countertop that transcends the commonplace, concrete may be worth the price.
A Wooden Floor in a Bathroom
A solid wood floor in a bathroom will look beautiful when finished, but keep in mind that wood may not be the best material in the long run for a bathroom floor.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring