Home Maintenance: Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Spring home maintenance should include checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Check out these valuable tips for keeping your home safe.
- Each spring the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors should be changed. When it is time to spring forward, it is time to change those batteries.
- Test GFCI outlets to make sure they are in good working order. These outlets are found in the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen. They will stop the flow of electricity to the outlet if it gets wet. This is very important.
- Attic fans should also be checked in the spring. Make sure the fan is running properly, it will help cool a house in the summer and cut down on the air conditioning bill.
Checklist for a Trouble-Free Home
Preserve the value of your home with this home maintenance checklist.
Autumn Maintenance Tips
Use these must-do fall maintenance tips to keep your house in shape and help keep you warm this winter.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
Home heating systems that aren't properly maintained may be less than 50 percent efficient. Learn more about the importance of periodic furnace maintenance.
Spring Home Maintenance Guide
Preventive maintenance is crucial to the value of your home. Keep your place in tiptop shape with regular check-ups to save you the headache and cost of emergency repairs.
Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
When the landscape is in full bloom, use these DIY yard care tips to keep it neat.
Extend Your Outdoor Living
With the temperatures cooling down, we show you how to extend the season with our kick-off to fall entertaining and gardening.
Roofing and Flashing Tips
A bad roof can be a mold generator. Check out these tips for keeping a roof maintained and preventing mold in a home.
Fall Soil Preparation
Learn how amending garden soil in the fall can make things a lot easier come spring.
Outdoor Spring Maintenance Tips
Spring maintenance is easy again with these simple tips on maintaining gutters and downspouts and preventing drainage issues around the home's foundation
Home Siding and Crawlspace Tips
Summer home maintenance just got easier with these valuable tips on maintaining a home's siding and what to look for in a crawlspace.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips
- Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
- Furnace Maintenance Tips