Home Maintenance: Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Spring home maintenance should include checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Check out these valuable tips for keeping your home safe.
- Each spring the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors should be changed. When it is time to spring forward, it is time to change those batteries.
- Test GFCI outlets to make sure they are in good working order. These outlets are found in the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen. They will stop the flow of electricity to the outlet if it gets wet. This is very important.
- Attic fans should also be checked in the spring. Make sure the fan is running properly, it will help cool a house in the summer and cut down on the air conditioning bill.
Tips on Repairing a Drill
Repairing a drill can be an exhausting and complicated task, and it's not for beginners. Here are a few tips for tool experts on how to repair drills.
How to Remove Lawn Thatch
Thatch, built-up plant material between green growth and the grass roots, is essential, but too much can deter healthy lawn growth.
Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
Keep your spring maintenance tools rust-free, sharpened and mechanically sound.
All About the Different Types of Nails
Learn which type of common and specialty nails work best with different kinds of materials.
Carpet Maintenance 101 in Four Easy Tips
Use these simple tips to keep your carpet looking good for years to come.
How to Inspect Your Home's Interior
Home maintenance can prevent problems before they begin -- learn what you should regularly check for signs of potenial issues.
Tips on Choosing Wrenches
Wrenches are basic tools for every workshop, and different kinds are designed for specific jobs. Here are some tips for choosing the right wrench.
How to Close Off or Open Up an Old Fireplace
Learn the proper steps to take when blocking up a fireplace or exposing an old fireplace.
Tips on Choosing and Using Caulk Guns
Our DIY experts offer tips on a variety of caulk guns and a foam dispenser, making it easy to choose the right tool for any job.
The Basics Of Nontoxic Finishes
Follow these tips to apply nontoxic finishes to wood.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Flavorful Herbs Enhance Summer Dishes
- Unusual Summer Perennials