Home Maintenance: Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Spring home maintenance should include checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Check out these valuable tips for keeping your home safe.
- Each spring the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors should be changed. When it is time to spring forward, it is time to change those batteries.
- Test GFCI outlets to make sure they are in good working order. These outlets are found in the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen. They will stop the flow of electricity to the outlet if it gets wet. This is very important.
- Attic fans should also be checked in the spring. Make sure the fan is running properly, it will help cool a house in the summer and cut down on the air conditioning bill.
Recommendations for safely operating a jackhammer.
Tack Welding Tips
Host Amy Devers shares tips and techniques for tack welding.
Tips on Using a Router Table
Router tables allow users to run wood over the router instead of running the tool over the wood. Here are a few tips on using a router table, ensuring safety and accuracy.
Extension Cord Tips
A durable three-pronged extension cord is essential for any workshop. Here are a few extension cords and accessories available on the market.
Solutions to Common Table Saw Problems
Use this expert advice to make cutting with a table saw a bit easier.
Volatile Organic Compounds
Volatile organic compounds, found in paint, caulk, cleaning supplies, carpet and wood, can be damaging to your health.
The Workshop Triangle
The layout of a home workshop is central to working safely and efficiently. The experts share advice on planning a "work-friendly" layout for a workspace.
Tips on Choosing a Shop Heater
Need a heater in the workshop? Use this expert advice to choose the right one for your space.
Learn about the different types of levels and how to use them.
Tips on Choosing and Using a Generator
Not all generators are suitable for all jobs. Our DIY experts discuss how to pick the right generator for different tasks.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring