Tips for Removing Garage Rust and Oil Stains
Find tips for removing stubborn stains from a garage floor.
- To remove oil stains from a garage floor, sprinkle regular or clumping cat litter heavily on the stain. Then, take your foot and really twist the litter into the stain. For about two weeks, every time you think about it, come out and twist, adding more litter as needed. Sweep away and then treat with oven cleaner and then rinse with a hose.
- For old stains, spray a heavy coat of oven cleaner on the stain. Wait 15 minutes and then take a brush and really scrub it. Let it soak 15 minutes more and then rinse with a hose.
- A laundry presoak works well on just about any stain. Put it on and leave it for 30 minutes and then agitate it with a brush and rinse.
- Another method is to wet the stain with a brush and then sprinkle on some automatic dishwasher detergent. Agitate it with a brush and then rinse with a hose.
- Clean cement out of direct sunlight and in temperatures between 50-70 degrees.
Tips for Cleaning Tile, Wood and Vinyl Floors
Get expert tips, techniques and recipes for cleaning all types of floors, from ceramic tile to hardwood.
Tips and Tricks for Easy Kitchen Cleanup
See how to clean faucets, appliances and countertops quickly, thoroughly and in an eco-friendly way.
Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
Keep rain gutters clean and unclogged to prevent damage to your home's roof and exterior.
How to Remove Stains From Walls and Wallpaper
Check out these expert tips for removing smudges, smears and fingerprints from your walls.
Laundry Care: How to Remove Tough Stains
Learn the six secrets to getting rid of stains caused by wine, coffee, makeup and more.
10 Pro Tips to Get Cleaning Done Fast
Professional cleaners share their secrets to getting cleaning chores done fast and efficiently.
Laundry Basics: How to Sort, Wash, Dry and Fold
Learn the four basic steps to making laundry easier, plus the secrets to help make your clothes last longer and look better.
How to Care for Solid-Surface Countertops
Preserve the look of your granite, marble or tile countertop with these maintenance tips.
The Most-Efficient, Easiest Way to Clean Your Bathroom
Learn how to make quick work out of cleaning your bathroom, and get tips on the best solutions to use on fixtures, faucets and walls.
Tips for Cleaning Using Vodka
Think outside the martini glass with these practical tips for using vodka as a cleaning agent.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Cloches and Cold Frames
- Make a Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
- Fall Decorating for the Front Yard
- Autumn Maintenance Tips
- Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
- Furnace Maintenance Tips