Tips for Removing Garage Rust and Oil Stains
Find tips for removing stubborn stains from a garage floor.
- To remove oil stains from a garage floor, sprinkle regular or clumping cat litter heavily on the stain. Then, take your foot and really twist the litter into the stain. For about two weeks, every time you think about it, come out and twist, adding more litter as needed. Sweep away and then treat with oven cleaner and then rinse with a hose.
- For old stains, spray a heavy coat of oven cleaner on the stain. Wait 15 minutes and then take a brush and really scrub it. Let it soak 15 minutes more and then rinse with a hose.
- A laundry presoak works well on just about any stain. Put it on and leave it for 30 minutes and then agitate it with a brush and rinse.
- Another method is to wet the stain with a brush and then sprinkle on some automatic dishwasher detergent. Agitate it with a brush and then rinse with a hose.
- Clean cement out of direct sunlight and in temperatures between 50-70 degrees.
Laundry Care: How to Remove Tough Stains
Learn the six secrets to getting rid of stains caused by wine, coffee, makeup and more.
Laundry Basics: How to Sort, Wash, Dry and Fold
Learn the four basic steps to making laundry easier, plus the secrets to help make your clothes last longer and look better.
10 Pro Tips to Get Cleaning Done Fast
Professional cleaners share their secrets to getting cleaning chores done fast and efficiently.
How to Care for Solid-Surface Countertops
Preserve the look of your granite, marble or tile countertop with these maintenance tips.
The Most-Efficient, Easiest Way to Clean Your Bathroom
Learn how to make quick work out of cleaning your bathroom, and get tips on the best solutions to use on fixtures, faucets and walls.
How to Remove Stains From Walls and Wallpaper
Check out these expert tips for removing smudges, smears and fingerprints from your walls.
How to Care for Different Types of Fabrics
Learn the best way to care for and clean the most commonly used fabrics found in your closet.
How to Clean Windows Like a Pro
Learn the three simple steps and the proper tools you need to make your windows look as if they were professionally cleaned.
How to Make Natural Cleansers From Pantry Items
Use simple ingredients from the pantry to make cleaners. You'll save money, and homemade cleaners are healthier for your family and the environment.
Home Team To The Rescue: Garage Makeover
Our editors restore a run-down lemon to mint condition, using smart strategies and adding lots of storage
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Seasonal Gardening Planner
- Tips for Summer Yard Maintenance
- Tips for Watering Lawn in Summer
- Plants That Bloom in Summer
- Foolproof Color for the Summer Garden