Tips for Removing Garage Rust and Oil Stains
Find tips for removing stubborn stains from a garage floor.
- To remove oil stains from a garage floor, sprinkle regular or clumping cat litter heavily on the stain. Then, take your foot and really twist the litter into the stain. For about two weeks, every time you think about it, come out and twist, adding more litter as needed. Sweep away and then treat with oven cleaner and then rinse with a hose.
- For old stains, spray a heavy coat of oven cleaner on the stain. Wait 15 minutes and then take a brush and really scrub it. Let it soak 15 minutes more and then rinse with a hose.
- A laundry presoak works well on just about any stain. Put it on and leave it for 30 minutes and then agitate it with a brush and rinse.
- Another method is to wet the stain with a brush and then sprinkle on some automatic dishwasher detergent. Agitate it with a brush and then rinse with a hose.
- Clean cement out of direct sunlight and in temperatures between 50-70 degrees.