How to Clean a Tile Floor
Cleaning a tile floor is easy with these tips from DIY experts.
Care and Cleaning Tips for Tile
- If unglazed, seal with special sealer. If glazed, seal mortar between tiles. If not sealed or glazed, it can be stained by grease. Glazed tile is easily scratched like porcelain enamel.
- The best and easiest way to clean a ceramic tile floor is to scrub it with an electric floor washer or polisher-scrubber. The thorough cleaning action should brighten the tile and joints. Use a solution of 1/4 cup low-sudsing detergent, or 1-2 tablespoons of either washing soda or tri-sodium phosphate or commercial floor cleaning powder in one gallon water. Rinse well.
- When further treatment is needed, particularly for the grout, apply a solution of water and chlorine bleach (liquid or powdered). Let it stand for 20 minutes or so, then mop the floor, rinse thoroughly and wipe dry. Wax the floor for protection and easier care.
Natural Cork Flooring
Installing and caring for natural cork flooring is simple with these tips.
5 Ways to Personalize Tile Flooring
Here are five quick ways to personalize tile flooring.
Types of Hardwood Flooring
DIY Network experts explain the different types of hardwood flooring.
A Roof Over Your Head: Choosing Materials
Check out this information regarding the various types of materials that can be used to cover a roof, as well as which ones might be best for you.
A Wooden Floor in a Bathroom
A solid wood floor in a bathroom will look beautiful when finished, but keep in mind that wood may not be the best material in the long run for a bathroom floor.
Ceramic Tile Flooring Tips
DIY Network experts share 10 tips about ceramic tile flooring.
The Pros and Cons of Vinyl Tile
Thanks to new embossing techniques, this affordable, durable flooring classic can masquerade as tile and hardwood. Check out the pros and cons of vinyl tile.
How to Care for Hardwood Flooring
Learning about hardwood flooring is crucial to caring for it properly. Our DIY experts explain the basics.
How to Paint Laminate Kitchen Countertops
Do you want to remodel your kitchen, but can't afford natural stone countertops? Consider using paint to get the high-end look of granite.
How to Prep Before Installing Floor Tiles
Learn how best to lay out and prepare for a tile floor installation.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables
- Flowers and Shrubs That Bloom in Late Winter and Early Spring