Cleaning Patio Furniture
When it's nice out, get patio and backyard furniture ready for company with these tips.
Materials for cleaning regular aluminum chairs:
plastic scrubber or fine steel wool
1. Place a generous amount of detergent on your plastic scrubber or steel wool and begin to scrub.
2. When finished, rinse the furniture well and let dry.
Materials for cleaning baked on aluminum chairs:
dish detergent or all-purpose cleaner
high quality car wax
1. Soak the sponge up well with dish detergent or all-purpose cleaner.
2. Work it into the furniture until you get it nice and clean.
3. Rinse off all the detergent or cleaner.
4. Dry it with a soft cloth.
5. Place car wax on a soft cloth or the applicator that comes with it.
6. Work the wax onto the aluminum real well, being careful not to get any on the webbing or the fabric.
Note: If you get the wax on the webbing or fabric it could leave a nasty spot. So, it must be wiped off right away.
7. Let the wax dry and then buff.
Materials for cleaning white plastic furniture:
1 gallon warm water
3 Tsp. automatic dishwashing detergent
sponge with scrubber on back
1. Place 1 gallon warm water in a bucket and add 3 teaspoons of automatic dishwasher detergent .
2. Wash down the furniture with this solution.
3. Let the solution set on the furniture for approximately 15 minutes. (The dishwashing detergent has a bleaching agent in it that will whiten the furniture.)
4. Rinse and dry. Note: Clean colored furniture with an all-purpose cleaner and water. Make sure you rinse it well because sunlight and weather will speed up the fading process.
Materials for removing candle wax from glass tabletops:
old credit card
1. Use the blow dryer to heat the candle wax.
2. Scrap the candle wax off with an old credit card.
3. Pour rubbing alcohol on any remaining residue and wipe it off.
Laundry Basics: How to Sort, Wash, Dry and Fold
Learn the four basic steps to making laundry easier, plus the secrets to help make your clothes last longer and look better.
Tips for Removing Garage Rust and Oil Stains
Find tips for removing stubborn stains from a garage floor.
Tips and Tricks for Easy Kitchen Cleanup
See how to clean faucets, appliances and countertops quickly, thoroughly and in an eco-friendly way.
The Most-Efficient, Easiest Way to Clean Your Bathroom
Learn how to make quick work out of cleaning your bathroom, and get tips on the best solutions to use on fixtures, faucets and walls.
Polishing Wood Furniture
Learn how to make your own natural furniture polish and get expert tips and techniques for cleaning wood.
Laundry Care: How to Remove Tough Stains
Learn the six secrets to getting rid of stains caused by wine, coffee, makeup and more.
10 Pro Tips to Get Cleaning Done Fast
Professional cleaners share their secrets to getting cleaning chores done fast and efficiently.
Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
These basic tips from Ask DIY home repair expert Brad Staggs address commonly asked questions about cleaning and repairing gutters.
Tips for Cleaning Tile, Wood and Vinyl Floors
Get expert tips, techniques and recipes for cleaning all types of floors, from ceramic tile to hardwood.
How to Care for Solid-Surface Countertops
Preserve the look of your granite, marble or tile countertop with these maintenance tips.
We love to DIY. You love to DIY. Let's get together.More DIY Social
See the latest DIY projects, catch up on trends and meet more cool people who love to create.Make It. Fix It. Learn It. Find It.
- Spring Home Maintenance Guide
- Spring Colors for the Garden
- Keeping Lawn and Garden Tools in Shape
- Flowering Bulbs Planted in Spring
- Quick-Growing Spring and Fall Vegetables