By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Weatherproofing for doors and windows
Flexible, stainless steel appliance hoses
Moisture-proof, interior paint
Online spread sheet
Exterior house paint
TIP: Americans sell their homes, on average, every 9 years*. This means maintaining the value of yours is critical to your investment.
1. Weatherproof doors and windows and clean gutters to prevent water and moisture damage.
2. Replace rubber hoses on appliances with flexible, stainless steel hoses to help prevent leaks.
3. Paint basement walls and floor with moisture-proof paint to help stop mold, mildew, and moisture damage.
4. Budget $500 per month to pay for major repairs like roof, plumbing, and electrical wiring.
5. Upgrade kitchen appliances and cabinets regularly.
TIP: Even new cabinet doors and hardware can help maintain the value of a home.
6. Keep exterior siding and trim well painted and power-washed.
7. Keep lawn healthy and trees and shrubs trimmed.
8. Put in flagstone walks and lampposts to increase curb appeal.
9. Make sure your home measures up to neighborhood renovations.
*National Association of Realtors® 2013 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.