By Emily AndersonMore in Home Improvement
Tile or stained concrete floor
Stain-resistant, scrubbable, interior paint
Long-handled sponge mop
TIP: Simplify your active lifestyle with a mudroom that stands up to traffic and wear.
1. Install hard-surfaced flooring of tile or stained concrete.
2. Paint walls with stain-resistant, scrubbable paint.
TIP: Combination primer and paint will save time; spot prime over concentrated stains.
3. Clean walls with soap and water.
TIP: Use a long-handled sponge mop to reach high places.
4. Anchor hooks in wall studs for easy-to-hang items like heavy backpacks, coats, and umbrellas.
5. Hang wire baskets for hard-to-hang gloves, hats, keys, etc.
6. Convert TV armoire to storage and cubbies; remove doors and add shelves.
7. Build two shoe racks, one for dirty, outside shoes, one for clean slippers to wear indoors.
TIP: Use MDF and staple all parts; slant shelves about 20 degrees to hold shoes in place.
8. Set stools next to racks to make changing shoes easier.
9. Put down sea grass rug to help keeps floor clean.