More in Home Improvement
TIP: Keep ants and other insects out of your home with these proactive steps.
1.Caulk exterior cracks and gaps.
2. Stuff steel wool in small openings around pipes and wiring.
3. Test doors and windows by shutting them on dollar bill; if it pulls out easily, seals need replacing.
4. Rake leaves away from foundation.
5. To keep ants out of stone walks and patios, dig new footing.
6. Lay base of gravel and sand.
7. Place flagstones closely together.
8. Sweep polymeric sand into joints.
TIP: Seal polymeric sand with light spray of water.
9. Create perimeter of protection around home.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.