By Emily AndersonMore in Outdoors
Salvaged paneled door
Wooden shipping pallet
Drip or soaker hose
1. Build multi-color garden bench from salvaged, paneled door.
2. Cut door into three sections: back and two sides.
3. Remove slats from wooden shipping pallet for seat.
4. Pre-paint pieces separately.
TIP: Prop door sections and slats on sawhorses to save your back.
5. Attach pieces to frame of 2x4s.
Extend colors to galvanized troughs and clay containers.
TIP: Prime trough before painting.
TIP: Clay pots hold paint longer if insides are sealed; leave small portion of outside unpainted so moisture can escape.
1. Plant long-blooming hydrangeas in garden beds or containers.
TIP: Plant in partial sun to shade.
TIP: Water with drip or soaker hose.
TIP: In containers, leave 1 inch of space at top to hold water.
2. Change blossom color by adding lime for pink, soil sulfur for blue.
3. Do not cut plants back in winter since you would remove some of next year's flowers. In colder climates, simply cover plants 8-10" deep with mulch, leaves or straw. Remove old flowers and cut plants back lightly in spring after new growth starts.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Sign up with DIY Network to share tips with other do-it-yourselfers and comment and ask questions on projects.
It's free and easy.