Before heading off to the local tool rental center, here are a few tips you should keep in mind:
- Most rental centers now have websites for tools and rates.
- Reserve the tool or tools ahead of time.
- Make sure you have proper transportation for the tool or have the rental center deliver and pickup. Many of the larger tools require a tow-hitch.
- Have the staff show you how to operate the tool or tools.
- Test the tool before you take it home. Start it up and run it. Good centers will test and run their equipment between rentals.
- Make sure the center is neat, organized and well staffed.
- Look for a center that does at least half its business with consumers. Most rental stores rent to professionals as well as consumers.
- Day rates are a better deal than hourly rates.