Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, provides his 10 easy tips for saving money on your utility bill.
More in Home Improvement
Don't let the summer and winter months leave your wallet empty. Make your home energy efficient and save money on your heating and air bill with these simple tips.
1. Inspect air ducts. Repair any leaks and insulation.
2. Caulk or foam air leaks around windows, doors, floors and ceilings.
3. Buy a programmable thermostat. Adjust it five to 10 degrees at night or when you are not at home.
4. Change filters and perform routine maintenance on your furnace.
5. Install or replace ineffective insulation.
6. Install energy-efficient windows and doors.
7. Update to a high-efficiency furnace.
8. Install an attic fan.
9. Insulate and add weather stripping to the attic hatch panel.
10. Grow back your body hair in the winter to stay nice and warm.
Painting Garage Floors (00:60)
Window and Door Safety Tips (04:32)
Outdoor African Man Cave (00:03:09)
Country Kitchen Countertops 4 (05:15)
Concrete Repairs (02:47)
Grills Get Hotter Than Ever (02:04)
Cork Tiles (01:00)
Digital Laminate Countertops (00:01:24)
Victorian Wallpaper (03:43)
Faux Denim Paint (04:17)
How To Throw a Sprinkles Baby Shower 15 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
How to Install Bifold Closet Doors 10 Photos
Kitchen Impossible Backsplash Gallery 23 Photos
6 Clever Ways to Hide a Guest Bed 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.