Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, provides his 10 easy tips for saving money on your utility bill.
More in Home Improvement
Don't let the summer and winter months leave your wallet empty. Make your home energy efficient and save money on your heating and air bill with these simple tips.
1. Inspect air ducts. Repair any leaks and insulation.
2. Caulk or foam air leaks around windows, doors, floors and ceilings.
3. Buy a programmable thermostat. Adjust it five to 10 degrees at night or when you are not at home.
4. Change filters and perform routine maintenance on your furnace.
5. Install or replace ineffective insulation.
6. Install energy-efficient windows and doors.
7. Update to a high-efficiency furnace.
8. Install an attic fan.
9. Insulate and add weather stripping to the attic hatch panel.
10. Grow back your body hair in the winter to stay nice and warm.
Cordless Six-Pound Chainsaw (00:01:08)
Create a Custom Kitchen Island (00:01:00)
Building Iron-Pipe Shelving (00:01:00)
Kitchen Accessories (04:36)
Build a Custom Door Frame (00:01:00)
Garage Metal-Sculpture Studio (00:03:52)
Unique Towel Bars (01:41)
Spa-Like Bathroom Renovation (03:22)
Painting Wood Paneling (03:31)
Photo Gallery: Types of Bricks 7 Photos
Best Crashed Baths from Bath Crashers 21 Photos
Floors from Kitchen Impossible 18 Photos
15 Amazing Gingerbread Houses 15 Photos
Blog Cabin 2014: Before the Move 17 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.