Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, provides his 10 easy tips for saving money on your utility bill.
More in Home Improvement
Don't let the summer and winter months leave your wallet empty. Make your home energy efficient and save money on your heating and air bill with these simple tips.
1. Inspect air ducts. Repair any leaks and insulation.
2. Caulk or foam air leaks around windows, doors, floors and ceilings.
3. Buy a programmable thermostat. Adjust it five to 10 degrees at night or when you are not at home.
4. Change filters and perform routine maintenance on your furnace.
5. Install or replace ineffective insulation.
6. Install energy-efficient windows and doors.
7. Update to a high-efficiency furnace.
8. Install an attic fan.
9. Insulate and add weather stripping to the attic hatch panel.
10. Grow back your body hair in the winter to stay nice and warm.
Rehabbing a 1916 Kitchen (00:02:50)
Glazing Your Kitchen Cabinets (03:18)
Compact Circular Saw (01:03)
Creating a Poolside Hangout (02:56)
Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall (00:02:06)
Raising a Deck Up High (03:48)
Porter Cable Omnijig (03:19)
Chain-Link Fence (04:02)
Yamaha: Build a Firewood Rack (01:02)
Old Attic Wood Finds New Use (00:01:42)
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
How to Make Hanging Halloween Ghosts 11 Photos
Outdoor Products As Seen On I Want That 11 Photos
Photo Gallery: Replacing Latex Caulk 3 Photos
How to Repair Common Drywall Mistakes 15 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.