Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, provides his 10 easy tips for saving money on your utility bill.
More in Home Improvement
Don't let the summer and winter months leave your wallet empty. Make your home energy efficient and save money on your heating and air bill with these simple tips.
1. Inspect air ducts. Repair any leaks and insulation.
2. Caulk or foam air leaks around windows, doors, floors and ceilings.
3. Buy a programmable thermostat. Adjust it five to 10 degrees at night or when you are not at home.
4. Change filters and perform routine maintenance on your furnace.
5. Install or replace ineffective insulation.
6. Install energy-efficient windows and doors.
7. Update to a high-efficiency furnace.
8. Install an attic fan.
9. Insulate and add weather stripping to the attic hatch panel.
10. Grow back your body hair in the winter to stay nice and warm.
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
nPower Peg (00:01:07)
Chemical Furniture Strippers (06:13)
Earth-Friendly Marmoleum (04:28)
Suburban Spa (20:00)
Precise Deck Board Spacing (01:21)
Window Install (01:00)
Digital Thermostat for HVAC (03:25)
Stop Bugging Me (20:00)
A Seriously Upscale Downstairs (20:00)
How to Make a Brooch Bridal Bouquet 11 Photos
Adding Texture to Walls 3 Photos
9 Ways to Decorate With Neon Paint 9 Photos
19 Upcycling Projects from Salvage Dawgs 25 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.