Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, provides his 10 easy tips for saving money on your utility bill.
More in Home Improvement
Don't let the summer and winter months leave your wallet empty. Make your home energy efficient and save money on your heating and air bill with these simple tips.
1. Inspect air ducts. Repair any leaks and insulation.
2. Caulk or foam air leaks around windows, doors, floors and ceilings.
3. Buy a programmable thermostat. Adjust it five to 10 degrees at night or when you are not at home.
4. Change filters and perform routine maintenance on your furnace.
5. Install or replace ineffective insulation.
6. Install energy-efficient windows and doors.
7. Update to a high-efficiency furnace.
8. Install an attic fan.
9. Insulate and add weather stripping to the attic hatch panel.
10. Grow back your body hair in the winter to stay nice and warm.
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Lopsided Landscape (00:02:36)
Love Your Leather (04:03)
Update Fireplace - sponsored (01:00)
Breezy Living Garage Screens (00:01:29)
Bathtub Removal (01:39)
3- Basic Router Jig (04:59)
Reclaimed Party Pad (20:01)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Leveling Cabinets with Shims (00:53)
19 Kitchen Cabinet Storage Systems 19 Photos
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.