Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, has 10 tips for lowering your water bill.
More in Home Improvement
Did you know you can lower your water bill with just a few small lifestyle changes? Conserve water and save money with Josh Temple's easy solutions to sky-high water bills.
1. Invest in dual-flush, low-flow commodes.
2. Use low-flow shower heads to conserve water.
3. Repair leaks and replace washers.
4. Insulate hot-water pipes.
5. Water plants and gardens early in the morning.
6. Make your yard less water dependent by using the Xeriscape (drought-resistant) gardening and landscaping concept.
7. Turn your water heater temperature down 10 degrees.
8. Wash your laundry in cold water.
9. Stop pre-rinsing dishes before they go in the dishwasher.
10. Reuse ice in cocktails.
Cabinets: Antiquing (00:02:17)
How to Paint a Hardwood Floor (00:03:50)
Superhero Man Cave (00:03:59)
Remote-Control Attic Lift (00:01:21)
Outdoor Fireplace (05:03)
Build a Concrete Counter Form (00:02:31)
Adding to a Deck (01:00)
Eating In (00:01:00)
Fire Pit Creates a Destination (00:01:40)
How to Build a Bar Top (00:00:60)
Gardens We Love From Rate My Space 12 Photos
Small-Kitchen Design Tips 14 Photos
How To Throw a Sprinkles Baby Shower 15 Photos
Floor Construction Methods 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.