Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, has 10 tips for lowering your water bill.
More in Home Improvement
Did you know you can lower your water bill with just a few small lifestyle changes? Conserve water and save money with Josh Temple's easy solutions to sky-high water bills.
1. Invest in dual-flush, low-flow commodes.
2. Use low-flow shower heads to conserve water.
3. Repair leaks and replace washers.
4. Insulate hot-water pipes.
5. Water plants and gardens early in the morning.
6. Make your yard less water dependent by using the Xeriscape (drought-resistant) gardening and landscaping concept.
7. Turn your water heater temperature down 10 degrees.
8. Wash your laundry in cold water.
9. Stop pre-rinsing dishes before they go in the dishwasher.
10. Reuse ice in cocktails.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.