Josh Temple, licensed contractor and host of DIY Network's House Crashers and Disaster House, has 10 tips for lowering your water bill.
More in Home Improvement
Did you know you can lower your water bill with just a few small lifestyle changes? Conserve water and save money with Josh Temple's easy solutions to sky-high water bills.
1. Invest in dual-flush, low-flow commodes.
2. Use low-flow shower heads to conserve water.
3. Repair leaks and replace washers.
4. Insulate hot-water pipes.
5. Water plants and gardens early in the morning.
6. Make your yard less water dependent by using the Xeriscape (drought-resistant) gardening and landscaping concept.
7. Turn your water heater temperature down 10 degrees.
8. Wash your laundry in cold water.
9. Stop pre-rinsing dishes before they go in the dishwasher.
10. Reuse ice in cocktails.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Postage-Stamp Yard (01:36)
Magnificent Interlocking Wall (04:30)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Dan Patrick (20:01)
2X4 Basics Workbench Kit (00:01:51)
Faux Marble Tabletop (02:43)
Backed Into a Corner (20:00)
Wall Clock (20:00)
Kris Humphris' Man Cave (00:03:53)
10 Ultra-Dreamy Decks 10 Photos
11 Inviting Colors to Paint a Front Door 11 Photos
Jimmie Johnson's Man Cave Gift 9 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.