These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
Retaining Walls 101 (02:51)
Garage Organization Tips (00:02:14)
Tile Floor (03:03)
Stained Concrete Flooring (00:00:30)
Building a Padded Headboard (01:00)
Space-Saving Storage Ideas (00:01:00)
Autumn Lawn Care (00:01:04)
Unwelcome Demo Surprise (00:04:00)
Low-Voltage Outdoor Lighting (00:01:06)
Installing Surround Sound (01:00)
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
How To Build Hanging Dock Hammocks 10 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
Laminate Luxury 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.