These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
A Sharp Edge (02:31)
How to Install a Paver Patio (04:54)
Eight-Level Backyard Deck (00:02:13)
Pergola Installed From Kit (00:02:10)
Martini Bar Basement (20:01)
Gabion Garden Entertainment (20:00)
Build an Outdoor Fireplace (02:48)
Fireplace Upgrade (02:16)
Enhance Your Walkway (00:01:04)
Range Hood Installation (02:51)
Nature's Garden Helpers 10 Photos
Plants That Bloom in Summer 35 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
13 Mowing Tips for a Healthy Lawn 13 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices 4 Photos
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.