These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.