These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
Super Simple Laminate Ceiling (04:37)
Electrical Safety Devices (02:24)
Horse- and Gym-Themed Bedrooms (00:03:34)
Load-Bearing Beam Installation (02:54)
Door Frame and Jamb Removal (01:32)
Cabinets: Storage Accessories (00:02:08)
Flat-Screen TV Stand (02:48)
Under Stairs Closet (20:00)
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
The Best Toys for Playful Cats and Dogs 13 Photos
How to Lay a Gravel Pathway 8 Photos
Teenage Girl's Goth-Style Bathroom 9 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.