These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
Painting Garage Floors (00:60)
Window and Door Safety Tips (04:32)
Outdoor African Man Cave (00:03:09)
Country Kitchen Countertops 4 (05:15)
Concrete Repairs (02:47)
Grills Get Hotter Than Ever (02:04)
Cork Tiles (01:00)
Digital Laminate Countertops (00:01:24)
Victorian Wallpaper (03:43)
Faux Denim Paint (04:17)
How To Throw a Sprinkles Baby Shower 15 Photos
Homemade Pet Treats and Recipes 5 Photos
How to Install Bifold Closet Doors 10 Photos
Kitchen Impossible Backsplash Gallery 23 Photos
6 Clever Ways to Hide a Guest Bed 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.