These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
Night and Day Kitchen Makeover (00:03:58)
Building a Padded Headboard (01:00)
Bath Crashers at Blog Cabin (00:02:24)
Installing Cabinets (00:60)
Laying A Brick Paver Patio (02:01)
Build A Backyard Stone Firepit (00:02:54)
Cordless Paint Sprayer (01:27)
Outdoor Summer Retreat (00:03:53)
Building a Pergola (03:31)
Bathroom Rehab to Impress (20:00)
Blog Cabin 2013: As-Is Floor Plan 2 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.