These tiny treasure boxes are perfect for hiding the smallest of keepsakes.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
5 small matchboxes (all the same size)
1 yd. ribbon
5 small beads or pearls (small enough to fit on the front of the matchbox "drawers")
1. Remove the inside drawer section of the matchbox and paint the front, back and side edges. Allow to dry. Using E-6000 glue, glue a bead or pearl to the center of each drawer front to form a small knob.
2. Hot-glue the boxes together in a stack.
3. Measure the width of the matchbox stack; measure around the stack to find its length. Add 1/4" to the length measurement.
4. Cut a strip of decorative paper to the measurements; glue the paper around the stack of matchboxes. Wrap the stack with ribbon and tie a bow at the top.
5. Embellish the treasure chest with additional charms and beads, as desired.
Creative Copper Trellis (01:00)
Marking Landscape Designs (02:02)
Fast Toilet Float Fix (02:22)
Deck Water Features (00:52)
Selecting The Proper Paint (02:01)
Budget Basement Project (07:46)
Showcase Fireplace With Mantel (00:01:00)
Gnarly '90s Bathroom Makeover (00:03:56)
Floating Floor Solutions (00:01:00)
Bathroom/Laundry Room Makeover (03:54)
9 Ways to Decorate With Neon Paint 9 Photos
How to Make Two-Sided Fabric Bunting 7 Photos
10 Things You Must Know: Plumbing Leaks 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.