Stylishly protect your iPod by creating this playful and practical Toaster Pastry iPod Cozy. This is a great, quick project for young crafters or those with basic sewing skills.
By Amanda ReedMore in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
1 sheet of light brown felt
1 sheet of pink felt
pink seed beads
pink cotton thread
light brown cotton thread
1. Create a pattern by placing the iPod on the light brown felt and tracing around it with washable chalk. Be careful not to draw too closely, make your outline about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch wider than the iPod. Do this twice to create two identically sized pieces of felt. Don't worry about the chalk line being visible once the project is complete, it will easily wipe off.
2. Cut felt on the chalk line.
3. Next, place the iPod on the pink felt and using the chalk, trace a tight outline around it. Within this chalk line, sketch a curving line to create the "frosting" shape. Make sure not to get too close to the outline, you'll want some of the light tan felt to show beneath when you attach the frosting to the toaster pastry's top. Cut out the shape.
4. Randomly sew pink seed beads onto frosting, these will resemble sprinkles. Add as many or as few as you'd like.
5. Pin the frosting to one of the light brown felt pieces and, using a running stitch along the edge of the frosting, sew the two pieces together.
6. Pin both pieces of the light brown felt together. Again, using a running stitch, sew three sides of the two pieces together about an eighth of an inch in from the felt edge. Be sure to tie off any loose pieces of thread and weave them into the felt fabric. When finished, wipe away any remaining chalk lines with a damp cloth.
7. Finally, slide your iPod into your completed cozy and enjoy your favorite tunes.
Cordless Paint Sprayer (01:27)
Easy Kitchen Updates (20:00)
Gangster Getaway (20:00)
Magazine Rack (20:00)
The James House (00:03:27)
Installing Crown Molding (01:00)
Modern Wood Paneling System (04:52)
Best Shop Vacs for Woodworkers (04:23)
Closet Dressing Room (02:36)
Step 4: Sand the Surfaces (02:11)
Kitchen Design Inspirations 10 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
How To Make a Handmade Leather Purse 14 Photos
8 Steps to the Perfect Bathroom 8 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.