Add a personal touch to gift wrap with stencils and paint.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools
craft paper or paper bags
high-density foam roller
Flowtrol paint conditioner
Dressler stencils: #137 diamond tile, #612 fern
blue painter's tape
wire to make wire word or ready-made wire greeting
1. Protect your work surface with newspaper. Lay out your sheet of paper. If using paper bags, separate them along the seam and open them up with the printed side down. Press with an iron to remove creases. You will decorate the inside of the bag.
2. Squeeze acrylic paint into the paint tray and add an equal amount of paint conditioner. Mix well. Put the roller into the paint and work out the excess on the bumpy part of the tray. Unload as much of the paint as possible so it won’t ooze under the stencil.
3. Position your stencil on the paper so that the openings hang over the edges of the paper, so that the design covers the entire sheet. Tape it into place at the corners using the blue tape. It won’t stick to the paper and cause tears. Use a pencil to mark through the registration holes at the corners of the design.
4. Start at the outer edges of the stencil and lightly roll in toward the center, adjusting your pressure on the roller as you see how the paint is reacting. Continue until the stencil is all done.
5. Reposition the stencil using the registration holes as guides and repeat the process until the sheet is covered.
6. You can use a single color or multiple colors. Overlap the repeats in different colors if you like. You can use any design you want.
7. Add a wire word greeting or design to embellish the package. Plus, in addition to the paper, you can make a matching card out of tag board or card stock.
Project designed and demonstrated by Jan Dressler.
Rustic Outdoor Kitchens (00:02:16)
Attaching Bamboo to a Pergola (00:52)
Country Kitchen Countertops 3 (03:47)
How to Build a Playhouse Fort (00:06:41)
Storing Sports Equipment (01:02)
Scribing Base Molding (02:11)
Retractable Closet (01:50)
Paint Prep Primer (02:01)
Instant Sink Stopper Fix (01:47)
Replacing Rotten Wood (00:54)
9 Ways to Decorate With Neon Paint 9 Photos
Man Caves from Jason Cameron 17 Photos
Dock Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 35 Photos
Design Tips for Beautiful Pergolas 16 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.