Learn how to build serene, multi-leveled planters by using half-cinderblocks, from DIY Network.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
pretty rocks or other ornamentation
1. Decide what shape your final planter will take. In this project a simple stairstep design was used.
2. Paint your blocks, using two coats. Make sure you paint the inside of the blocks as well as the outside surfaces.
3. Build your planter. Set the lower-level blocks so their openings face to the front, with the top-level blocks opening upward.
4. Fill the top-opening blocks about 1/4 full with gravel, then add your potting soil and arrange your plants. Spread some more gravel on the surface of the soil around the plants. Water gently so you don't dislodge the gravel or soil.
5. Fill in the front-facing openings with rocks or other ornaments of your choice; in this project white-painted rocks are used in keeping with the planter's black-and-white theme.
Concrete Countertops (00:03:24)
Wow! What a Workshop (20:00)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Plumb-It Extendable Level (01:16)
Redwood BBQ Grill Island (00:01:00)
Spacing Decking Boards (00:48)
Selecting the Right Tile Size (01:28)
Painting with Dark Colors (01:00)
Grouting Tile (02:42)
Easy Ceiling Fan Installation (03:36)
How To Make a Coffee Bean Backsplash 14 Photos
Fun Wedding Ad Lib Games 3 Photos
Pictures of Beautiful Bathtubs 36 Photos
The Best Toys for Playful Cats and Dogs 13 Photos
How To Make a Faux-Leather Headboard 10 Photos
How To Make Boot Socks From Old T-Shirts 32 Photos
Kitchen Color Design Ideas 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.