Learn how to build serene, multi-leveled planters by using half-cinderblocks, from DIY Network.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
pretty rocks or other ornamentation
1. Decide what shape your final planter will take. In this project a simple stairstep design was used.
2. Paint your blocks, using two coats. Make sure you paint the inside of the blocks as well as the outside surfaces.
3. Build your planter. Set the lower-level blocks so their openings face to the front, with the top-level blocks opening upward.
4. Fill the top-opening blocks about 1/4 full with gravel, then add your potting soil and arrange your plants. Spread some more gravel on the surface of the soil around the plants. Water gently so you don't dislodge the gravel or soil.
5. Fill in the front-facing openings with rocks or other ornaments of your choice; in this project white-painted rocks are used in keeping with the planter's black-and-white theme.
Glazing Your Kitchen Cabinets (03:18)
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Avalanche Snow Rake (01:09)
Cabinets: Antiquing (00:02:17)
Second Winners' Transformation (01:32)
Flipside Showerhead (01:32)
Get Great TV Picture Quality (00:01:00)
Sanding for a Distressed Look (02:04)
Resurfacing a Garage Floor (01:02)
Stone Veneer Fireplace Facade (00:03:18)
12 Cozy Guest Bedroom Retreats 12 Photos
Dream Decks and Patios 46 Photos
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
How to Lay a Gravel Pathway 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.