Learn how to build serene, multi-leveled planters by using half-cinderblocks, from DIY Network.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
pretty rocks or other ornamentation
1. Decide what shape your final planter will take. In this project a simple stairstep design was used.
2. Paint your blocks, using two coats. Make sure you paint the inside of the blocks as well as the outside surfaces.
3. Build your planter. Set the lower-level blocks so their openings face to the front, with the top-level blocks opening upward.
4. Fill the top-opening blocks about 1/4 full with gravel, then add your potting soil and arrange your plants. Spread some more gravel on the surface of the soil around the plants. Water gently so you don't dislodge the gravel or soil.
5. Fill in the front-facing openings with rocks or other ornaments of your choice; in this project white-painted rocks are used in keeping with the planter's black-and-white theme.
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.