Yield: approximately 30 small puffs
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup rice flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Set rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat them with cooking spray.
2. Combine water and oil in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat, and add flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon until it forms a smooth paste. Return the mixture to low heat and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. The paste will become drier. Remove from heat and cool for 2 minutes.
3. Beat half of the egg mixture into the flour paste with an electric mixer until absorbed. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
4. Put dough into a plastic piping bag, and cut a small bit off the end to pipe the dough through (or a plastic baggie with a whole cut in one corner).
5. Pipe 3/4 inch mounds on prepared cooking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F. Lower temp to 350 degrees F, and bake for 8 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven, and pierce the sides of the puffs to allow steam to escape.
8. Allow to cool completely before filling.