Mold extra scrapbook paper into distinctive beaded jewelry.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
colorful wrapping or scrapbook paper (glossy works best)
glossy découpage medium
1. Cut paper into triangles approximately 1" or less across the bottom and approximately 2" long.
2. Apply découpage medium to the back of the paper.
3. Starting at the wide end of the paper, roll it tightly around a bamboo skewer.
4. Apply glue to the last 1/2" of the paper (the pointed end) and roll into place. Once it dry, apply découpage medium over the surface of the beads to create a glossy finish.
Paper Bead Necklace
Materials and Tools:
2 paper beads
chain (long enough to make necklace the desired length)
decorative beads (here, two beads were used, one large and one small rosy quartz)
2 jump rings
2 crimp beads
round-nose jewelry pliers
1 head pin
1. Cut a length of chain to use as the base of the necklace.
2. Slide rosy quartz beads onto a head pin. With the wire cutters, snip off the head pin excess, leaving enough to make a loop. Use round-nose pliers to form a loop at the end of the head pin.
3. Locate the middle point of the chain and attach the bead charm you just made to this point. Use pliers to open the loop of the head pin and attach it to the link in the middle of the chain.
4. Slide paper beads onto the chain, putting one on each side of the charm.
5. With round-nose pliers open up the jump rings and attach one to each end of the chain. Attach one half of the clasp to one of the jump rings and the other half of the clasp to the other jump ring. Close the jump rings with the pliers.
Magnificent Interlocking Wall (04:30)
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Step 6: Install Flooring (04:13)
Something Old, Something New (00:20:01)
Exterior Deck Tile System (01:11)
Making a Travertine Backsplash (02:37)
Tuscan Kitchen (04:21)
Building a Deck Bench (01:02)
Attic Bonus Room (20:00)
Mediterranean Waterfall (01:28)
Floral Alternatives For Your Wedding 23 Photos
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Stunning Front-Yard Makeovers 6 Photos
Back Patio Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 32 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.