Learn how to make a mirrored headboard by replacing the glass in a discarded door with mirror.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Cutting down the Door:
1. Cut the door down to the desired size using a circular saw. The mirrored section measures 5' x 8" with an additional five inches on one side and 11 inches on the other.
2. The door will extend two inches beyond the mirror on either side.
Tip: In order to make sure that the mirror does not extend to the cut area, drill a hole one inch from the edge, and then two inches and so on.
3. Clean up the door, and then sand out any scratches and rough edges.
Installing the headboard
4. Cut one 2 x 4 to 54 inches, and then rip to the width of the door—1 3/4 inches.
5. Cut two 2 x 4 to 25 inches.
6. Build the shelf base. Attach the 25 inch 2 x 4's to the 54 inch pieces at each side and middle.
7. Stain all of the pieces.
8. Screw the shelf base to the door.
1. Find and mark the studs in the wall.
2. Determine the placement of the bed.
3. Toenail the door into the studs in the wall.
4. Touch up as needed.
How to Make Hanging Halloween Ghosts 11 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Before the Renovation 99 Photos
Blog Cabin 2014: On Site in Winter Haven 17 Photos
13 Elegant Iron Staircases 13 Photos
Kitchen Color Design Ideas 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.