Learn how to make a mirrored headboard by replacing the glass in a discarded door with mirror.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Cutting down the Door:
1. Cut the door down to the desired size using a circular saw. The mirrored section measures 5' x 8" with an additional five inches on one side and 11 inches on the other.
2. The door will extend two inches beyond the mirror on either side.
Tip: In order to make sure that the mirror does not extend to the cut area, drill a hole one inch from the edge, and then two inches and so on.
3. Clean up the door, and then sand out any scratches and rough edges.
Installing the headboard
4. Cut one 2 x 4 to 54 inches, and then rip to the width of the door—1 3/4 inches.
5. Cut two 2 x 4 to 25 inches.
6. Build the shelf base. Attach the 25 inch 2 x 4's to the 54 inch pieces at each side and middle.
7. Stain all of the pieces.
8. Screw the shelf base to the door.
1. Find and mark the studs in the wall.
2. Determine the placement of the bed.
3. Toenail the door into the studs in the wall.
4. Touch up as needed.
2- Kerf Cuts (05:43)
Installing Laminate Flooring (07:28)
Remove Wallpaper Full Project (08:59)
Easy Glass Etching (04:15)
Log Cabin Kitchens (02:26)
Stress Cracks in Drywall (03:09)
Selecting the Right Tile Size (01:28)
Replacing a Wood Floor (01:08)
Build a Rustic Barn Door (00:01:00)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
11 Ways to Upcycle Old Sweaters 11 Photos
The Latest in Wall Covering Trends 8 Photos
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Kitchen Design: 11 Great Floor Plans 11 Photos
How to Wrap a Gift in Floral Garland 5 Photos
Small-Kitchen Design Tips 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.