Learn how to make a mirrored headboard by replacing the glass in a discarded door with mirror.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Cutting down the Door:
1. Cut the door down to the desired size using a circular saw. The mirrored section measures 5' x 8" with an additional five inches on one side and 11 inches on the other.
2. The door will extend two inches beyond the mirror on either side.
Tip: In order to make sure that the mirror does not extend to the cut area, drill a hole one inch from the edge, and then two inches and so on.
3. Clean up the door, and then sand out any scratches and rough edges.
Installing the headboard
4. Cut one 2 x 4 to 54 inches, and then rip to the width of the door—1 3/4 inches.
5. Cut two 2 x 4 to 25 inches.
6. Build the shelf base. Attach the 25 inch 2 x 4's to the 54 inch pieces at each side and middle.
7. Stain all of the pieces.
8. Screw the shelf base to the door.
1. Find and mark the studs in the wall.
2. Determine the placement of the bed.
3. Toenail the door into the studs in the wall.
4. Touch up as needed.
Morning Off Refuels Ice (00:02:08)
Build a Nativity Yard Display (02:27)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Designing a Kitchen Island (01:11)
Blog Cabin 2015: Chris's Take (00:01:53)
Atom Smoke Alarm: Macro Design (00:01:04)
Two-Tone Harmony (03:35)
Secret Door (03:18)
Easily Build a Stone Fire Pit (03:02)
Cabinet Jack and Claw (01:15)
12 Cozy Guest Bedroom Retreats 12 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
Pergola and Gazebo Design Trends 10 Photos
Indoors Out Patio Showcase 27 Photos
Seven Crashed Baths You Can't Miss 41 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.