Slip some of the ocean into your jewelry box with this elegant pearl bracelet and rough-hewn beach glass necklace.
More in Decorating
Magnetic Pearl Bracelet
Materials and Tools:
gold spacer beads
2 crimp beads
1. Cut a piece of bead-stringing wire about 32 inches long. Thread one end of the wire through a crimp bead and a pearl, bringing the end of the wire back through the crimp bead. Slide the crimp bead as close to the pearl as possible and flatten the crimp with flat-nose pliers.
2. Thread magnetic pearls onto the wire as desired, tucking the short, loose end of the wire into the first few pearls. Add decorative gold spacers between some of the beads for extra sparkle.
Note: Since the beads are little magnets, sometimes they will repel each other. If two beads repel each other, remove one and flip it over so they will attract.
3. Once the piece is about 24 inches long, finish it off with a crimp bead and a pearl.
Anything goes when wrapping the wire, as long as the beach glass stays secure.
Beach Glass Pendant
Materials and Tools:
round-nose jewelry pliers
flat-nose jewelry pliers
1. Cut a long piece of jewelry wire. A few inches away from one end, twist the wire over to make a loop. Wrap the shorter end of the wire below the loop, leaving a short piece of excess wire sticking out.
2. Wrap the long end of the wire around the beach glass in a freeform design. When the pendant has the desired look and the beach glass is secured, twist the two ends of the wire together using fingers and round-nose pliers. Clamp the wires with flat-nose pliers and tuck the ends into the back of the pendant to keep them from rubbing against the skin.
3. Thread a piece of leather cord through the wire loop. Add a jewelry clasp or simply tie the necklace on.
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Create a Faux Tile Backsplash (01:02)
Cleaning Window Treatments (05:11)
Building a Kitchen Bar Cart (01:02)
A Porch to Chill On Part 1 (06:01)
Decorative Cabinet Panels (03:16)
Installing Laminate Floors (01:00)
Relaxing Yard for Entertaining (00:03:14)
Faucet Tips (01:50)
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Pictures of Formal English Gardens 17 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: Artistic Vision 100 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.