How to create lovely ribbon flowers for all of your Valentines.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
coordinating pink plaid, pink floral and cream floral patterned paper
green embroidery floss (2')
cream 1/2" silk ribbon (1' for each daisy)
craft needle with a large eye
archival quality tape or adhesive
1. For the card, cut pink floral patterned paper (#1) to 8" x 5-3/4". Fold down to a 4" x 5-3/4" card.
2. Cut pink plaid patterned paper (#2) to 5" x 4". Tear the edge of a 5" side. Adhere this to the front of the card.
3. Cut a 1/2" x 5-3/4" strip from cream floral patterned paper.
4. Cut a piece of Stitchable cardstock to 4-1/4" x 2-3/4".
5. Sketch desired design onto back of Stitchable cardstock. (See template.) Use a needle to punch out the holes. The pre-punched cardstock lines things up for you and makes it much easier.
6. With floss, create the five point star.
7. To create a rose, cut 1' of silk ribbon. Adhere end of the ribbon to the back of the Stitchable cardstock with tape.
8. Pull ribbon up through the center hole of the star pattern, which was sketched onto Stitchable cardstock. Insert needle into the center of the ribbon at the desired length and continue pulling through to the back of the paper, leaving it very loose. Move the needle under one loop of the star and over the next loop. Continue this procedure until you have gone around the floss seven or more times. Tip: Twisting ribbon as it is being pulled through can add additional dimension.
9. To create daisies, it is a simple stitch. Bring the ribbon up through the middle of what will be your flower. Take the needle and ribbon right back through the hole and pull it through. Repeat this procedure for all the daisy petals.
10. For the zigzag border, cut two feet of green embroidery floss. Adhere end to the back of Stitchable cardstock.
11. Stitch floss in a zigzag pattern, according to template, across the top of the Stitchable cardstock. Repeat to form two rows.
12. When finished, adhere end of floss to back of Stitchable cardstock.
13. Using a charm of your choice, stitch charm onto Stitchable cardstock.
Project by Diane Swain.
Installing Carpet on Stairs (05:24)
The James House (00:03:27)
Installing Crown Molding (01:00)
Storage Shed (01:50)
Modern Wood Paneling System (04:52)
Best Shop Vacs for Woodworkers (04:23)
Build a Rustic Barn Door (00:01:00)
Easy Winterizing of Your Home (01:00)
Safe Outdoor Holiday Lighting (01:02)
Cutting Board 101 (02:43)
Kitchen Design Inspirations 10 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
11 Ways to Upcycle Old Sweaters 11 Photos
8 Steps to the Perfect Bathroom 8 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.