Courtesy of She-n-He Photography
Yield: 8 servings
1 ball pizza dough at room temp (store-bought or homemade)
olive oil, for brushing
4 ounces herbed goat cheese
2 teaspoons honey, divided
1 firm pear, cored and thinly sliced
6 dried apricots
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1. Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Allow the pizza stone to heat thoroughly.
2. Cover apricots with boiling water, and allow to sit for 10 minutes to plump and reconstitute.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 6" x 12" rectangle. Brush with olive oil and carefully transfer to hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes until crust starts to puff up.
4. Meanwhile, whisk goat cheese and 1 teaspoon of honey in a small bowl until fluffy. Remove crust from oven, and dollop cheese all over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
5. Arrange sliced pears over cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then bake in oven for 10 more minutes, until crust is crispy and golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with apricots, mint and toasted walnuts, if desired. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into squares.
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Second-Story Restored Deck (00:02:03)
Taking Back Bedroom (20:02)
The Williams Project (20:00)
Say Good-Bye to Bifold Doors (00:01:00)
Spice-Scented Kitchen Pad (00:44)
Magic Master Bedroom Makeover (00:03:24)
Kris Humphris' Man Cave (00:03:53)
Dramatic Floor Lamp Makeover (02:20)
Steampunk Christmas Decorating Ideas 15 Photos
Cost-Cutting Kitchen Remodeling Ideas 10 Photos
Tips on Installing Vinyl Siding 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.