Courtesy of She-n-He Photography
Yield: 8 servings
1 ball pizza dough at room temp (store-bought or homemade)
olive oil, for brushing
4 ounces herbed goat cheese
2 teaspoons honey, divided
1 firm pear, cored and thinly sliced
6 dried apricots
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1. Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Allow the pizza stone to heat thoroughly.
2. Cover apricots with boiling water, and allow to sit for 10 minutes to plump and reconstitute.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 6" x 12" rectangle. Brush with olive oil and carefully transfer to hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes until crust starts to puff up.
4. Meanwhile, whisk goat cheese and 1 teaspoon of honey in a small bowl until fluffy. Remove crust from oven, and dollop cheese all over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
5. Arrange sliced pears over cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then bake in oven for 10 more minutes, until crust is crispy and golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with apricots, mint and toasted walnuts, if desired. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into squares.
Magnificent Interlocking Wall (04:30)
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Step 6: Install Flooring (04:13)
Something Old, Something New (00:20:01)
Exterior Deck Tile System (01:11)
Making a Travertine Backsplash (02:37)
Tuscan Kitchen (04:21)
Building a Deck Bench (01:02)
Attic Bonus Room (20:00)
Mediterranean Waterfall (01:28)
Floral Alternatives For Your Wedding 23 Photos
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Stunning Front-Yard Makeovers 6 Photos
Back Patio Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 32 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.