Makes 8-10 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 – 1-1/2 hours
5 ounces carrots, finely sliced
4 ounces fresh or frozen peas
1 pound minced beef
3 ounces fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, made with wheat and gluten-free bread
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 ounce parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces low-fat Parmesan cheese, shaved
3 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
1. Steam the carrots and peas until just tender and set aside to cool. Mix the minced beef with the breadcrumbs, tomato puree, parsley and beaten eggs until well combined. Stir in the carrots and peas.
2. Roll the mixture into a ball and divide in half. Place half of the mixture in the base of a greased 2 pound loaf tin, pressing firmly down into the corners. Make a slight dip along the center.
3. Sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan. Then place the boiled eggs in a row down the center of the tin. Place the remaining mixture on top, and press firmly around the sides and on top to completely cover the eggs.
4. Cover with foil and bake on the middle shelf of an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Turn out onto a plate, and leave to cool. Cut into slices, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve. Store any leftover Mutt Loaf in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Make a Cornucopia Centerpiece (00:03:16)
Blog Cabin 2014 Original House (00:01:28)
Designer Headboard (04:20)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Outdoor Pool Table (01:13)
Wedding Scrapbook (04:57)
Taking Back Bedroom (20:02)
Renovating a Gutted House (03:58)
Winter Garden Tips (00:04:10)
Camp Kitchen and Fire Pit (03:53)
10 Things to Know Before Building a Deck 10 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
Make Leather Fringe Napkin Rings 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.