Makes 8-10 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 – 1-1/2 hours
5 ounces carrots, finely sliced
4 ounces fresh or frozen peas
1 pound minced beef
3 ounces fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, made with wheat and gluten-free bread
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 ounce parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces low-fat Parmesan cheese, shaved
3 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
1. Steam the carrots and peas until just tender and set aside to cool. Mix the minced beef with the breadcrumbs, tomato puree, parsley and beaten eggs until well combined. Stir in the carrots and peas.
2. Roll the mixture into a ball and divide in half. Place half of the mixture in the base of a greased 2 pound loaf tin, pressing firmly down into the corners. Make a slight dip along the center.
3. Sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan. Then place the boiled eggs in a row down the center of the tin. Place the remaining mixture on top, and press firmly around the sides and on top to completely cover the eggs.
4. Cover with foil and bake on the middle shelf of an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Turn out onto a plate, and leave to cool. Cut into slices, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve. Store any leftover Mutt Loaf in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.