Makes 8-10 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 – 1-1/2 hours
5 ounces carrots, finely sliced
4 ounces fresh or frozen peas
1 pound minced beef
3 ounces fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, made with wheat and gluten-free bread
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1/2 ounce parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
4 ounces low-fat Parmesan cheese, shaved
3 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
1. Steam the carrots and peas until just tender and set aside to cool. Mix the minced beef with the breadcrumbs, tomato puree, parsley and beaten eggs until well combined. Stir in the carrots and peas.
2. Roll the mixture into a ball and divide in half. Place half of the mixture in the base of a greased 2 pound loaf tin, pressing firmly down into the corners. Make a slight dip along the center.
3. Sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan. Then place the boiled eggs in a row down the center of the tin. Place the remaining mixture on top, and press firmly around the sides and on top to completely cover the eggs.
4. Cover with foil and bake on the middle shelf of an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Turn out onto a plate, and leave to cool. Cut into slices, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve. Store any leftover Mutt Loaf in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How to Install Wainscoting (12:40)
Bathroom Technology (01:00)
Install a Wood Parquet Floor (01:00)
Installing a Mantel on Stone (00:03:53)
Super Suite! (20:00)
Installing a Vessel Sink (01:00)
The Joy of Outdoor Kitchens (02:21)
Perfect Pitch for a Patio (01:25)
Applying Stucco to DIY Project (00:01:00)
Installing Sliding Glass Doors (00:01:00)
How To Make a Coffee Bean Backsplash 14 Photos
15 Romantic Bathroom Designs 15 Photos
How To Make a Corset T-Shirt Dress 8 Photos
How To Make a Classic Tulle Tutu 15 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
Outdoor Kitchens and Grilling Spaces 29 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.